POSITION: Case Manager – Residential
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Social Services
LOCATION: Muhlenberg Residence
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Non-Exempt Salaried
The Case Manager promotes client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, and service facilitation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Carry caseload (total # to be determined).
- Represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and uphold agency Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Link clients with appropriate providers and resources throughout the continuum of health and human services and care settings based on the needs and values of the client. Escort clients to scheduled and unscheduled psychiatric/medical care.
- Ensure that clients receive safe, effective, client-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable care. Maintain a non-judgmental, unbiased approach.
- Organize, facilitate, and escort as needed for on/off-site activities in addition to managing a minimum of two ongoing groups. Track client participation in the client record.
- Conduct unit inspections and ensure proper follow-up to findings, assisting clients as needed.
- Maintain client records as “audit-ready” at all times, as required by program funding sources. This includes, but is not limited to, recording progress notes, constructing service plans, updating medical and mental health information, and completing psychosocial assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (social services field preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years in human services
- Working knowledge of issues related to homelessness, HIV, substance abuse, mental illness, and entitlements
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good spoken and written expression.
- Good time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
- Flexible, able to work some holidays and weekends.
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships with clients and positive working relationships within LSSNY and with external agencies.
- Proficient in internet navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Crisis intervention skills.
- Willing to participate in continuing education.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all cover letters and resumes to the hiring supervisor, Nicole Russo, with “Case Manager” in the subject line.
Supervisor of Social Services
[with “Case Manager” in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an equal opportunity employer----