Details: Annual salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
7 Marcus Garvey Boulevard
Churches United for Fair Housing (CUFFH) is a grassroots organization that works towards community empowerment through community organizing, youth engagement, and by providing sophisticated social services. CUFFH organizes towards preserving and creating vibrant communities that are not exclusive and are really affordable to working families in New York City.
The Racial Justice Organizer will help build new relationships and sustain existing involvement in the CUFFH Network by engaging church leaders and community members in immigrant and low-income communities of color; Provide programs and services which promote community empowerment; Mobilize our base to tackle pressing community issues; Strengthen our relationships with partnering organizations and other allies.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Facilitate fair housing organizing efforts across our Network, with a focus on racial justice as a core principle of housing justice
- Foster relationships at CUFFH member churches, and identify and support lay-leadership development
- Coordinate logistics for fair housing workshops and other events
- Organize and mobilize community members to attend events, rallies and other fair housing campaign activities
- Represent CUFFH priorities at coalition meetings and in local and citywide initiatives, to elected officials and the press
- Engage CUFFH members to create a community-based vision of our fair and affordable housing organizing efforts
- Help develop individual work plan and annual organizational goals
- Manage CUFFH social media accounts for organizing efforts
- A deep passion for social justice and community organizing
- 2+ years of organizing or relevant experience
- Strong organizing, planning, meeting/workshop facilitation skills
- Experience and interest in taking ownership of social media accounts
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Must be reliable, on time and responsive to communication
- Strong writing and communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Basic computer skills, including Google G Suite
- Good teamwork skills, high energy and a positive attitude
CUFFH provides a laptop and cell phone and a generous and flexible PTO package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual: Fluency in Spanish & English is required for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
CUFFH is a non-religious organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage qualified individuals of every race, creed, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity to apply.
Email your resume and cover letter to HR@cuffh.org with the subject line: Racial Justice Organizer. No phone calls will be accepted.