Details: Paid sick/personal leave and access to Transitchek.
The Lang School is an alternative school in lower Manhattan for high potential, gifted, and twice-exceptional (2e) students in grades 2 through 12. "2e" students are both particularly strong learners and have diagnosed learning challenges (e.g., dyslexia, ADHD, anxiety, HFA), in addition to the social-emotional and behavioral difficulties that tend to accompany this asynchrony. Our curriculum is rigorous and richly differentiated, flexibly meeting the needs of students who need both acceleration and support intervention plans.
Lang faculty and therapeutic staff actively partner in all aspects of student education and development. We invest generously in professional development and offer collaborative mentoring opportunities throughout the school year with staff developers. Lang educators are self-motivated, have an ongoing interest in personal and professional growth, a commitment to open and transparent communications, and a desire to invest in a larger community mission of equity, excellence, and innovation.
We are looking for a creative, confident, and self-reflective teacher of either French or Spanish on a part-time basis to begin at the end of August.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead teach introductory to intermediate level Spanish or French to students in grades 2 through 12.
- Create course instruction, including scope & sequence, as well as unit and lesson plans.
- Teach speaking, grammar, and receptive understanding skills.
- Design and administer assessments.
- MS/MA in Teaching a Foreign Language or related field.
- Native/near-native proficiency in Spanish or French and English.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency using computer applications, online resources, and other technologies for the classroom.
- Strong classroom management and teaching experience a must.
- Professionally recognized teacher certification or licensure required.
Paid sick/personal leave and access to Transitchek.
Level of Language Proficiency
Native/near-native proficiency in Spanish or French and English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Apply via email only (no phone calls, please).
- Include a letter specific to The Lang School that discusses what appeals to you about our school, mission, practices, and unique population, as well as why you believe you would be a good fit.
- Ensure that your updated, professional resume indicates current U.S. credentials and teaching experience.