Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Rocketship Public Schools is reinventing elementary school from the ground up. We are building a national network of high-performing schools serving students from low income communities in the Bay Area, Milwaukee, Nashville, and Washington D.C. We serve 7,000 primarily low income students (87% of Rocketeers are socioeconomically disadvantaged) from Pre-K to 5th grade. Our teachers, school leaders, and network support staff are united in our mission to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
The School Psychologist is an exempt position that will work under the direction and supervision of the ISE Program Specialist and will work with elementary school students. Rocketship School Psychologists are responsible for providing both direct and indirect support to students, families, and staff members in order to ensure high quality programming for students with disabilities.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Lead psycho-educational and formal behavior assessments; write quality, compliant assessment reports
• Attend IEP meetings; present assessment findings to the team
• Assist in the implementation of assessment recommendations as needed
• Participate in the pre-referral process and provide guidance to school teams regarding supports for struggling students
• Provide direct counseling or behavioral services to students as needed
• Work with parents to build knowledge of disability and inclusive support for students with disabilities
• Assist in providing in-service training in learning, child development and child management to parents, teachers, administrators and other professionals and paraprofessionals
• Assist in providing consultation and advisement to administrators, teachers, and parents regarding the general and special educational programs as appropriate
• Assist in coordinating, communicating and seeking consultation with community agencies as appropriate
• Provide support and guidance to the organization as a member of the Special Education Leadership Team.
• Maintain a compliant practice
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the appropriate administrator
• Valid California Pupil Personnel Services credential; Master's degree in School Psychology or related field
• Bilingual, Spanish (strongly preferred)
• Experience working in Response to Intervention (RtI) models (strongly preferred)
• Experience working with elementary-age students (preferred)
• Experience working with students with a range of disabilities (learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders, autism, etc.)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Embrace the mission of Rocketship Public Schools
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a work environment that is still evolving.
• Perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks: maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and compliance deadlines.
• Possession of a valid California / Tennessee driver's license: willingness to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments as you will be required to travel from site to site to work with students and faculty at all sites
How to Apply
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required