287 Columbus Avenue
This position is location flexible. City Year's Headquarters are located in Boston, MA.
Use your expertise in program evaluation and survey design to advance an education-focused non-profit organization and support the success of students and schools.
City Year is seeking a talented individual to join City Year's national Impact Analytics department as Evaluation Specialist to contribute to the development of the organization's portfolio of evidence and draw lessons from evaluation studies and their implications related to City Year's Whole School Whole Child model, as well as the AmeriCorps member experience. This role will oversee and coordinate activities and processes related to the design, implementation, and application of national and local third-party studies, lead on the development and execution of internal learning agendas and serve as a consultant to Headquarters and site staff on survey methods and design.
- Design and/or review and refine program evaluation plans in support of City Year’s learning needs and strategic priorities; includes partnering with various internal stakeholders to develop logic models, learning agendas and evaluation plans and activities
- Manage and oversee relationships with third-party evaluators, as needed, to ensure studies are implemented with high quality, data needs are met and timelines adhered to; includes coordinating and facilitating internal, cross-departmental working groups necessary to monitor and inform evaluation activities and decisions
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to City Year sites in support of local, third-party evaluations; includes helping write Request for Proposals (RFPs), identifying third-party researchers as needed, reviewing draft documentation of study proposals and designs, managing relationships and developing and maintaining an External Evaluation Toolkit resource
- Collaborate with other departments such as Strategy and Growth and Communications to share City Year evaluation findings with internal and external stakeholders to tell a story, inform decision making and drive continuous improvement
- Apply expertise in survey design and methodology to consult with key stakeholders to achieve the most relevant insights in the most efficient manner
- Work with the Impact Analytics team to respond to internal data requests
- Using lessons learned from evaluations, contribute to the Impact Analytics' planning and prioritization of projects and tasks, including training/learning events for Analytics Points and other relevant audiences
Knowledge, Desired Skills & Experience
Utilize and consistently build their program evaluation and survey design skillset
- Knowledge of best practices in educational and non-profit program evaluation
- Ability to engage with, listen to, and learn form a broad range of evaluation stakeholders, encouraging their meaningful participation in program evaluation and survey projects
- Knowledge of methods for protecting confidential data and ensuring data sharing processes are aligned with the organization's data security protocols
- Experience with effective project management practices and leadership skills to manage projects to deadlines and problem-solve as necessary
- Ability to perform and interpret advanced statistical analyses and derive meaning from results using SPSS, R, or similar software. Comfort with Excel.
- Significant experience in effective survey methods and design to provide consultation to others
Be able to make the complex simple
- Ability to prepare and present evaluation results in a manner that increases the likelihood that they will be used and accepted by a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to educate others about program evaluation and survey concepts and methods
- Creative and engaged listener: Actively identifies new areas for organizational learning; skilled at eliciting research questions and ideas from a range of stakeholders
Champion the Impact Analytics team’s culture and values
- Uphold a solution-focused customer service attitude and always seek to delight the customer
- Maintain a proactive working method: communicate, seek out new information and plan ahead
- Pay exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness and curiosity to learn new methods and systems
- Work well independently, flexibly, and collaboratively with other team members or departments
- Freely share ideas and opinions to improve our work
- Commitment to City Year’s mission and values
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.