The GreenLight Fund ---------------------------
Since its founding in 2004, GreenLight has worked at the intersection of social innovation and community need, GreenLight is focused on identifying the most urgent barriers to economic mobility for low-income residents in our sites and addressing them by selecting and bringing in the country’s best social innovations that have proven impact. We do this by running a process in our communities that bring together key local leaders to:
- Identify critical needs
- Find and bring into the community innovative, entrepreneurial social programs that can have a significant, measurable impact addressing those needs, and
- Galvanize local support to help programs reach and sustain impact in the new city.
We have run this selection and importation process 22 times in our seven sites: Boston, San Francisco Bay Area, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Detroit, Charlotte and Kansas City. Collectively, portfolio organizations across our sites are reaching more than 60,000 individuals annually with proven, life-changing programs. This number is growing exponentially as we add new sites and new portfolio organizations across our sites.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
Executive Assistant ----------------------
With an expanding network of cities, GreenLight is experiencing an exciting period of organizational growth. A staff-wide strategic planning process has led to planned investments in staffing and internal capacity to respond to current and future organizational needs. One of our first investments is the new position of Executive Assistant.
We are seeking an energetic, organized, and talented individual to join our growing organization and team. The Executive Assistant will report to and support our Chief Executive Officer as well as key members of our national office. This is a critically important role, enabling our CEO to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders and fulfill her commitments to GreenLight’s partners, funders, and Board of Directors. It is a highly collaborative role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, and will be an opportunity for someone to learn about social investing in the nonprofit sector and experience growth at a mission driven multi-site national organization.
This position is based in Boston with some travel (2-3 times a year) required.
- Provide scheduling and operational support to the CEO and other key members of the national team including managing calendars, itineraries, and travel bookings
- Coordinating logistics and recording minutes for the Board of Directors and other high-level meetings and presentations
- Gathering relevant background materials ahead of meetings with the CEO, and sharing outcomes and next steps with affected parties
- Being the point-of-contact and manage communication between the CEO, board members, and GreenLight’s board chair and co-founder
- Oversee general office operations that relate to the CEO’s work including print and electronic correspondence, office supplies, organizational phone-line, and office visitors
- Support GreenLight Fund activities in Boston including our national, leadership, and portfolio meetings
- Assist with GreenLight Fund events, special projects and other tasks as needed
- 1-2 years of relevant education and/or experience in operations, administrative support, communications. etc. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of office procedures and equipment as well as solid experience with office management systems such as MS office, Adobe, and Google Suite.
- Familiarity with online calendars (Google Calendar) and cloud storage systems (Box)
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Experience using Salesforce (or similar CRM) preferred but not required
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, as a single pdf attachment (filename: LastName_FirstName.pdf), addressed to Margaret Hall, CEO, at email@example.com with the subject “Executive Assistant”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
GreenLight Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
The GreenLight Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please refer to the above job description for application instructions.