480 W 42nd ST
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Content Coordinator to join our Marketing team.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2014, Signature became the first New York City theatre to receive the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
The Content Coordinator is a full-time, benefits eligible position within the Marketing Department and reports directly to the Marketing Manager. The position facilitates the production of all creative content produced by the department, and works closely with other departments to coordinate institutional and production-specific content development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop dynamic and creative content marketing campaigns for Signature productions while maintaining consistent brand identity in both written voice and visual style.
- Manage production deadlines for all printed materials, including Signature’s artistic publications, Playbills, lobby displays, ads, brochures, postcards, signage, institutional content, and other collateral.
- Work closely with graphic designer in developing a high volume of designed materials, including original ‘show art’ for each Signature production, bringing an individual identity to each show while maintaining the Signature brand.
- Assist in the building of internal and paid e-blasts
- Work with Digital Media Associate to provide feedback and production support for show-specific and institutional video content.
- Manage production deadlines for Signature Café + Bar and Bookstore collateral.
- Help maintain, alongside members of the Marketing Department, the social media accounts for Signature Theatre.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors, printers and photographers.
- Edit documents for clarity, style, and grammar.
Candidates should consider themselves to be
· Highly organized
· Skilled at multi-tasking
· Detailed and able to work with multiple, extremely tight deadlines
We prefer candidates who possess:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Graphic design experience or exposure
· A demonstrable high-degree of copyediting ability
· Experience with Creative Suite, or similar software
· A knowledge of, or a passion for, New York theater
Primary criteria to be considered for an interview are:
· A minimum of 2 years experience working in creative environment
· A college degree
Employee Benefits of this position
· Eligibility to participate in medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and in an accident benefit plan; all with employee and Signature contributions as defined by the respective plans
· Flexible spending plans for medical, dental, dependent care and commuting costs
· Eligibility to participate in an employee contributed 401(k) retirement savings plan with a matching contribution, after one year of service
· 10 vacation days annually, prorated during the first year of employment; 9 paid holidays; religious holidays when needed; up to 5 sick days.
· Group life, short term and long term disability insurance and access to an EAP (Employee Assistance Plan), provided by Signature
· A pair of complimentary tickets to Signature productions
· Eligibility for complimentary tickets which may be provided to Signature employees as a courtesy by other producers
· A discount on Signature Shop purchases and at Signature’s Café and Bar, both located in the lobby.
· A spacious, pleasant, collegial work environment
· Excellent opportunity to see, experience and appreciate some of the finest works of theatrical art.
Minimum Education Required