Details: Commensurate with Experience
The National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO) is seeking a team player with strong financial, organizational and analytical abilities to join our team as a full-time Grants Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience with grants administration, grant budgeting and financial reporting. This position will work closely with program and finance teams to maintain grant financial oversight, ensure we meet grant reporting requirements and develop ongoing systems to keep track of grant activities.
Who we are
NACTO is a nonprofit association of 70 major North American cities and transit agencies formed to exchange transportation ideas, insights, and practices and cooperatively approach national transportation issues. Our members include cities such as Denver, Los Angeles, Cambridge, and San Antonio, and transit agencies such as Portland Tri-Met and New York MTA. NACTO’s Global Designing Cities Initiative also works with various international cities in Brazil, Columbia, India and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build cities as places for people with safe, sustainable, accessible, and equitable transportation choices that support a strong economy and vibrant quality of life. Our staff team is nimble, passionate, results-oriented, and committed to challenging the status quo in transportation and raising the bar for city streets.
What you will do:
The Grants Manager will work closely with the Finance and Program Staff to provide financial expertise and assistance with grant administration. The successful candidate will be effective in a fast paced-team environment. The primary focus will be grants administration for four funders of the Global Designing Initiative (GDCI) program, in addition to other grants support as needed. This position will work closely with the GDCI program and Finance to maintain financial oversight, tracking budget, expenditures and reporting.
· Reviewing and monitoring grant files and grant documentation, including grant budgets, proposals and financial grant reporting
· Preparation of grant financial reports and monitoring of grant reporting deadlines
· Monitor grant expenditures and work with the Director of Finance to generate financial reports
· Assist with reviewing grant financial reports especially for programs with multiple and international funders
· Development of grant budgets
· Reviewing and monitoring budget modifications
· Support senior team to develop new systems and protocols to streamline processes
· Vendor management for consultants and other contractual agreements
· Track grant reporting requirements and timelines and support program team to meet requirements in a timely manner, including assemblage of narrative reports from program staff
Finance and Metrics
· Assist program team as they track and report on key grant performance data metrics necessary to meet reporting requirements
· Work with Director of Finance to ensure accuracy of grant financial reporting
· Additional financial reporting and special projects as needed by Director of Finance
Who you are
We are looking for a great team player with strong organizational analytical abilities. To be successful in this position, we are looking for an individual with the following qualifications:
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting (preferably non-profit accounting) or a closely related area with a strong understanding of accounting concepts and principles
· Experience with grant management, budgeting and financial reporting; experience with Intacct a plus
· Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems
· Time management: able to juggle competing priorities with 100% follow-through in a fast paced work environment, occasionally delivering on short timelines.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, including strong communication skills (both oral and written)
· Listening: able to quickly absorb ideas and information, ask questions to seek clarity and confirm comprehension
· Interpersonal skills: ability to work in collegial and collaborative work environment
· Motivated self- starter: work both independently and as a collaborative member of a team; comfortable working with an international team that travels frequently. Flexibility for occasional calls and meetings outside standard working hours will be necessary to deal with time zone issues.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume as one PDF file to email@example.com with subject “Grants Manager” by June 30, 2018. We will consider applications on a rolling basis, and may not wait until the deadline to interview and extend offers, so we encourage you to apply as soon possible. No calls please.
NACTO is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a passionate working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.