The Student Advisor, Leadership Development advises and monitors a small caseload of participants coming into the United States and/or Europe for their program. The Student Advisor, Leadership Development communicates frequently with participants, providing personal development advising and coaching services that will foster leadership and entrepreneurial skills. Each Advisor will be assigned to a maximum of 65 undergraduate or graduate students.
The Advisor will coach students throughout their scholarship program, and will deploy robust communication tools, methods, and systems to proactively engage with students, foster leadership development, and monitor their progress in their personal development and wellbeing, The Advisor will work closely with client to meet the programmatic deliverables of a selective scholarship program.
This position is contingent on the award for this program.
- Serves as main point of contact for a small caseload of participants
- Develops an personal development plan for each participant, working with them on action plans related to skills development and professional opportunities
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on participant academic or professional progress, conduct, well-being, and program compliance
- Provides limited emergency support, connecting participants to local resources and coordinating follow-up as necessary
- Maintains participant data in Client Relationship Management (CRM), following established processes
- Assists in the planning and implementation of regional and global events, including orientations
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of international participants and ability to manage cultural and counseling issues
- Strong understanding of coaching techniques, specific to the development of motivation and skills
- Broad knowledge of assessment, training, and advising tools.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be task-oriented with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Less than 10%
Denver CO - Denver, CO 80203 US
Houston TX - Houston, TX 77027 US
NY UN Plaza - New York, NY 10017 US (Primary)
Minimum Education Required