734 A Street
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE is a nonprofit organization, in existence now for 41 years, working at the county, state, and national level to end domestic violence. Center for Domestic Peace (C4DP) serves women, men, and youth who have been, and/or who are at risk of being, abused and/or battered, or who have perpetrated, and/or who are at risk of perpetrating, abuse, bullying, and/or battering. C4DP’s programs helping children, teens, women, and men to live violence-free lives include: 24-hour hotlines; emergency shelter; transitional housing; support groups; legal advocacy; school programs; community prevention and education projects; professional continuing education programs; corporate, state, and nation-wide trainings; leadership development programs; and resource identification. For more information, visit our website at www.c4dp.org.
Under the supervision of the Grants Specialist & Data Manager, the Database Administrator (DA) serves as the administrator for the agency-wide Salesforce database.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database Administrator and Data Management:
1. Configure and maintain an agency-wide Salesforce database for all programs, including emergency hotlines, shelter, support groups, transitional housing, legal advocacy, services to children and youth, and education programs (including ManKind and WomanKind);
2. Customize Salesforce fields to incorporate appropriate entry fields, drop-down menus, range selections, etc., and make adjustments to this structure as needed;
3. Work with Grants Specialist & Data Manager and program staff to create and/or revise forms as needed, automating existing tools where possible to enable fast, efficient, and accurate entry and collection;
4. Working together with the Grants Specialist & Data Manager, plan and implement database structural overhaul to enhance data analysis, reporting capabilities, and ease of use, including testing and data transfer;
5. Make ongoing database improvements and system customization to improve functionality as needed, including writing code to upgrade database architecture;
6. Send reminders regarding upcoming data entry deadlines, and notify program managers when data is missing after deadline;
7. Generate data reports for contracts, grants, and other projects, participating in data analysis as appropriate;
8. Identify issues with data hygiene and data integrity, including developing and implementing dashboard reports, and work with program managers to correct data as needed;
9. Upgrade, update, and maintain user-friendly training materials and documentation of processes and procedures for all programs to support Salesforce users, including documentation of system configuration and administrative processes;
10. Develop and conduct ongoing training sessions for staff around new functionalities and database changes;
11. Generate additional service user and activity information analysis as needed by program, executive, and/or development staff;
Page 2 of 2
12. Maintain database performance by troubleshooting problems, and ensure backup of data;
13. Seek opportunities to utilize Salesforce to improve processes, productivity, and to support C4DP growth and program expansion;
14. Keep abreast of Salesforce releases, features, and best practices, managing platform upgrades and hardware/software updates and participating in training as needed;
15. Participate in TOAD (Tracking Outcomes and Deliverables) to improve tracking of grant outcomes and deliverables;
16. Participate in the TOAD Subcommittee Data Management Team to review and modify database systems, implementation, training, and overlap between Salesforce and business department functions;
17. Provide support to Grants Specialist & Data Manager toward grant management, including assistance with: administrative tasks around report writing; contract processing; submission of grant adjustment notices; maintenance of electronic and paper grant files; and other tasks as needed.
1. 3 years data management experience with proven capacity to successfully collect, manage, and analyze complex data, including building database queries/reports;
2. Advanced knowledge of Salesforce CRM as a Salesforce Certified Administrator, including knowledge of Apex programming language;
3. Advanced knowledge of database systems (including SQL) and Microsoft Office, including Excel;
4. Proven ability to track data, details, and implement instruction with accuracy;
5. Fast learner with demonstrated ability to learn new systems;
6. Proven capacity to produce database manuals with clear writing and instructions;
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication, organizational, and writing skills;
8. Proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and manage time accordingly to meet deadlines;
9. Organized, detailed-oriented, and able to work independently with general supervision;
10. Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions;
11. Must have California driver’s license and insurance;
12. Flexible work schedule to include after hours and occasional weekends as needed;
13. Feminist knowledge and understanding of the movement to end violence against women.
C4DP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER We are committed to employment policies and procedures assuring all qualified persons are accorded equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training. Applicants may obtain a copy of C4DP’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural and Linguistic Competency Policy on request.
- 3 weeks vacation, medical/dental package, retirement
Minimum Education Required