Procurement Coordinator/Office Assistant - Manhattan (Bachelor's Degree)
- Job posted by Jewish Association Serving the Aging
247 West 37th Street
Under the direction of Director of Contracting & Procurement, the Procurement Coordinator/ Office Assistant is responsible for creating, tracking, and expediting orders for goods and services; purchasing the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts; competitive item and vendor sourcing; vendor evaluation; RFQ/RFP preparation and analysis; and assisting staff with procurement and contracting needs by researching products and vendors. This entry-level position will support the purchasing requirements of JASA’s Community Guardian Program (CGP). Training and supervision in developing an understanding of purchasing best practices will be provided.
Under the direction of the Administrative Director of the Community Guardianship Program, the Procurement Coordinator/ Office Assistant is responsible for assisting CGP manage reporting and mail routing/distribution.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with CGP staff and management to identify vendors and contractors for goods and services to support the needs of CGP clients.
- Develops requests for proposal for ongoing client needs (ie: home insurance)
- Solicits bid proposals from vendors and contractors
- Analyzes price proposals and makes purchasing recommendations.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Manages supplier’s price, delivery and quality performance and escalates when appropriate.
- Identifies and executes cost savings initiatives that support the department’s overall savings goal, delivers improved quality, cost, service, and innovation.
· Verifies the accuracy of purchase requisitions, clarifying unclear items and assuring that the correct client is indicated on each order.
- Expedites orders to ensure that goods arrive on time, and in the event of problems, traces shipments, and follows up on undelivered goods.
· Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Works with CGP staff to meet the wide variety of their purchasing needs.
- Works with various departments to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Provides documentation on purchases to assist staff with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Assists with ongoing staff training by providing guidance in creating purchase requisitions, approving requisitions, and receiving delivered goods in the purchasing system.
- Consults with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Under the Supervision of the Administrative Director of the Community Guardian Program:
- Works with CGP to inventory and track birth and death certificates;
- works with CGP to track and complete initial reports;
- works with CGP to track and complete annual reports; and
- Works with CGP to track and complete other court inquiries and reports.
· Receives, sorts, and distributes daily mail to individual staff for the Community Guardian Program.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred.
· Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple demands simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently.
· Effective communication skills.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have ability to and interest in learning new software.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Ability to research products and vendors.
· Strong customer service orientation.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required