ABOUT HUMANITY UNITED:
Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to bringing new approaches to global problems that have long been considered intractable. We build, lead, and support efforts to change the systems that contribute to problems like human trafficking, mass atrocities, and violent conflict. HU is part of The Omidyar Group, a diverse collection of organizations, each guided by its own approach, but united by a common desire to catalyze social impact.
Humanity United is seeking an experienced, dynamic Executive Associate who will work with the Managing Director, Investments and Managing Director, Working Capital Fund. This position will coordinate logistics, build an effective support structure, and lead and execute various functions, events, and projects related to each Managing Director’s scope of work.
The Executive Associate must be pro-active, creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinate domestic and international travel for Managing Directors
• Manage calendar and schedule for Managing Directors
• Coordinate events onsite or at offsite venues for Investment Team department (SF)
• Provide administrative assistance with expense reports for Investment Team (SF)
• Carry out special projects as determined by Managing Director
• Provide event coordination for investment staff events including ordering lunches, taking minutes, and preparing agendas for meetings (SF)
• Manage unsolicited grant inquiries and requests
• Prepare notes for various meetings assigned
• Manage sponsorship, membership, grant, contract, and PO processing as supervised by Managing Director
• Provide administrative and technical support to Investments team on systems and strategy mapping
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years of experience supporting senior executives is required
• Prior work in a non-profit or philanthropic environment is highly desirable
• Experience with or understanding of impact investing or assets management a plus but not required.
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written), resourcefulness, willingness to work on both routine administrative tasks and higher-order projects, sound judgment, and the ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment
• Advanced knowledge of Apple-based hardware/software products
• Must be strong at multi-tasking, prioritizing, and have demonstrated expertise in proactively working on projects of wide scope and significant magnitude
• Experience successfully working on projects with international aspects
• Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work successfully with a variety of individuals and cultures
• Must have experience working with high profile individuals and on high profile projects using appropriate sensitivity and confidentiality
• Must have outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and organization skills
• Must demonstrate high degree of flexibility and adaptability required or indicative of a startup, entrepreneurial or changing work environment
• Must be a creative and independent self-starter, while being a strong team player who acts with diplomacy at all times
• Must be resourceful and, once trained, able to work at a high level with little guidance
• Strong work ethic and impeccable professionalism are key job requirements
Other duties from time to time, as needed by institutional priorities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application here or at www.humanityunited.org/about/careers.