575 Eighth Avenue
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City’s most vulnerable residents – people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our “housing first” approach Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-for-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients and supporters.
Reporting to the Director of Social Services, the Social Services Supervisor's duties include:
- Supervises and provides leadership and training to social service team members.
- Supervises day to day operations and clinical staff in the absence of the Director of Social Services / Program Director.
- Conducts case conferences, reviews cases and resolves client issues.
- Audits client records and ensures compliance with all Urban Pathways, regulatory and funding agency policies and procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Assesses, trains and coaches case managers on work assignments and community resources.
- Ensures comprehensive service planning and charting of client progress.
- Manages caseload in the the absence of the case manager.
- Supervises the client database and ensures accuracy and timeliness of client information.
- Completes and submits relevant reports and statistics in a timely manner.
- Supervises all incident reporting and other client activities to ensure compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community service providers and resources.
- Monitors client medications, as required.
- Is on call to address emergency needs on a 24 hour basis.
- Participates in external meetings with funding agency, community service and housing providers.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- MSW, or Master’s Degree in a related field with clinical concentration required.
- Minimum of two years of clinical and supervisor experience preferred.
- Experience with mentally ill, formerly homeless people preferred.
- Prior OMH, DOHMH, Health Homes, and/or Medicaid experience is highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with on-line chart record data bases a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Valid drivers' license a plus.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- All programs require field work, home visits, client escorts, and use of public transportation.
*Strong Benefits Package for eligible employees*
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click this link. https:cyberrecruiter.urbanpathways.org/CyberWeb/