250 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn Law School seeks a dynamic Manager of Gift Processing and Analytics to join its ambitious Development and Alumni Relations team and manage all donor transactions, acknowledgments, and associated analytics. The incumbent will liaise regularly with the Finance department.The Manager of Gift Processing and Analytics will collaborate with the development and alumni relations team and colleagues from across the Law School in support of engagement and fundraising goals. This position will be relied on to be the department’s resident expert on the Ellucian Colleague database. The Manager will ensure all gift and pledge activity is recorded accurately in Colleague, the School’s document retention system. Working with IT colleagues, the incumbent will ensure that all required reports are generated regularly and accurately. In addition to being a critical member of the Development and Alumni Relations team, the incumbent will liaise regularly with the Finance department.
The Manager will make an impact in many areas with responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to:
- Manage processing and recording of all charitable gifts and pledges to the Law School from individual, corporate, foundation, and other sources in the Ellucian Colleague data base and in the School’s document retention system.
- Generate – and maintain records of – gift acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, pledge reminders, invoices, and other donor correspondence.
- Prepare all required reports relating to gift processing, including development dashboards, financial reconciliation reports, etc. Produce regular and ad hoc reports that provide strategic guidance in achieving department goals.
- In collaboration with Advancement and IT colleagues, recommend and create new reports as required.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure efficient processing and reporting for special initiatives including: Giving Day, Giving Tuesday, Reunions, etc.
- Track matching gift process, identify potential new matching gift opportunities, and collaborate with gift officers to secure matching gifts.
- Advise colleagues on best practices relating to data integrity. Advise team members on database navigation.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidate must possess outstanding planning organizational and management skills. S/he must be able to prioritize and successfully manage several projects while communicating regularly with Chief Advancement Officer and other colleagues on the team. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and work efficiently with a varying amount of direction. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a high-volume environment
Minimum Qualifications Required to Apply for the Position
· At least two years’ experience working on Ellucian Colleague or other complex data base; ideally within a higher education environment;
· Familiarity with CASE reporting standards;
· Must be analytical and have strong problem-solving abilities as well as acute attention to detail;
· Excellent, oral, writing, and communication skills with the ability to understand and speak compellingly about Brooklyn Law School;
· Strong analytical skills;
· Technology savvy--Experience working with databases, competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Brooklyn Law School is an equal opportunity employer and all interested individuals are encouraged to apply. All of our staff are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Brooklyn Law School has a competitive Total Rewards packages which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, 403(b)Pension, Flexible Spending and TransitChek. We have a generous time off policy and promote a healthy work/life balance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager of Gift Processing in the subject heading. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and resumes received without cover letters will not be reviewed.