Director of Digital Marketing and Communications
- Job posted by Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
Details: Salary is competitive commensurate with experience.
20 West 44 Street, Suite 310
The Director of Digital Marketing and Communications will oversee the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art’s (ICAA) digital presence and promotional efforts. This position will be responsible for all website content, online editorial, email, and social media. The role must take a data and results-driven approach to initiatives, ensuring brand consistency, and incorporating input from various stakeholders, including other ICAA departments and committee members.
Candidates must be highly organized and able to effectively communicate with external and internal audiences across a variety of mediums. You must also be able to interact professionally with ICAA Trustees, members, donors, volunteers, and colleagues on a regular basis. Workflow is consistently high-volume and detail oriented. The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Director of Operations and Special Projects.
- Oversee the creation and publication of all content on the ICAA’s website, classicist.org, including but not limited to event pages, imagery, resources, and organizational information
- Write and edit editorial content (including articles and slideshows) on classicist.org ensuring consistency of grammar, tone of voice, and adherence to ICAA writing style guide
- Work with internal ICAA departments and ICAA Chapter coordinators to oversee the creation and scheduling of ICAA national email communications as well as emails for the ICAA’s regional Chapters nationwide
- Work directly with and manage ICAA Video Producer to ensure the successful development, publication, and promotion of ICAA original video content
- Oversee the implementation of new features and functions on classicist.org, working directly with internal and external IT resources; work with IT resources to ensure that the website content management platform and related technologies are adequately tested and updated as new versions are released
- Manage all social media activity for the ICAA national office, adhering to best practices for social media as they change over time, and adopting new social media channels where appropriate
- Advise ICAA President on social media best practices and assist with social media publication
- Liaise with President and PR specialist on the Communications Committee on strategy and approach to press and PR
- Field media questions and pitch stories to the media, preparing media kits when necessary and writing press releases
- Work directly with ICAA departments – including Education, Membership, and Development – to ensure that print material and other promotional collateral adheres to the ICAA branding guidelines and writing style guide
- Meet regularly with the ICAA Communications Committee (a volunteer group comprised of ICAA Board Members and other professional volunteers) to develop and improve the ICAA’s communications strategy and branding execution; seek input on new communications efforts from other stakeholder groups and committees where appropriate
- Present projects and initiatives to stakeholders when necessary
- Assist ICAA President and other senior leadership with ad hoc communications tasks, including speech-writing, preparation of presentations, and other communications
- Take initiative to develop new campaigns that will grow the ICAA’s audience and improve engagement with ICAA content and programming
- Take a data-driven approach to projects, using website, email, social media performance data, and other audience-related statistics to drive decisions and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three-years’ experience in digital marketing, content creation, and communications
- Experience working with content management systems (e.g. Wordpress or similar), marketing email platforms (e.g. Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.), enterprise analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics), and design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of social media and interest in staying abreast of online media trends and new platforms
- Demonstrated success with written communications and oral presentations
- Experience with video content as it relates to a brand’s communications strategy (video editing capability not required, but some experience is preferred)
- Previous experience with education-oriented, arts-related organization, and/or non-profit preferred
Benefits package includes healthcare, 401(k), paid sick and vacation leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send two writing samples (preferably press release, online content for marketing, or other marketing materials) along with cover letter and resume to email@example.com.