Part-time Administrative Assistant, Laboratory of Retrovirology (20 hours/week)
- Job posted by The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
We seek a part-time jack of all trades Assistant to join our Laboratory of Retrovirology and handle everything from accounting and finance to grants administration and administrative functions!
As the Assistant, you will:
- provide administrative support for the Laboratory Head and research personnel.
- handle all aspects of the laboratory's finances including budget accounting of several large accounts, including private and federal grants, write progress reports and other administrative demands of grant applications (including budgets)
- process all laboratory personnel and adjunct appointments, including new hires and terminations
- track laboratory expenditures and finances
- organize and coordinate seminars, meetings, teleconferences and the Lab Head’s schedule
- arrange travel, submit forms for reimbursement
- upkeep service contracts, answer telephones, filing, order lab supplies and other administrative and clerical tasks
You are excited to work as an integral member of a productive team and are willing to take on a broad range of tasks.
- Organized, adaptable and thrive in a high-energy, multi-tasking environment
- Previous administrative experience and proficiency with Word, Excel, and iCal
- Clear communication skills, good crammar, critical thinking, independent working and strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Knowledgeable of grant writing and management and comfortable with budgets and basic accounting
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
Rockefeller University provides a robust, comprehensive benefits plan for all of our full-time and part-time employees. We strive to support our employees in their work and their life, offering great benefits, perks, and valuable resources for each employee and their family.
Minimum Education Required