1777 North Kent Street
TITLE: Online Production Associate
DEPARTMENT: Trout Media
REPORTS TO:Director of Digital Media
POSITION TYPE/HOURS: full time/40 hours
ABOUT TROUT UNLIMITED
Trout Unlimited is a national organization with 300,000 members and supporters organized into over 400 chapters and councils nationwide. These dedicated grassroots volunteers are matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts, and scientists, who work out of more than 45 offices across the country. Our mission is to conserve, protect, and restore North America's cold-water fisheries and their watersheds.
The Online Production Associate will report directly to the Director of Digital Media and will be responsible for designing, building, and producing our marketing emails, donation forms, and web content. This position will work closely with our marketing and conservation teams to craft mission-driven, donation-driven HTML-based email messages. The position will also be responsible for maintaining online donation forms, keeping old forms current, and building new forms for various fundraising and advocacy campaigns. A well-qualified candidate will have a strong set of frontend web-development skills. The ideal candidate has experience working with a team to build and maintain a variety of online content while maintaining a strict schedule. The position is based in Trout Unlimited’s Arlington, Virginia office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to a strict production calendar
- Build all of Trout Unlimited’s email communications
- Build and maintain Trout Unlimited’s online donation forms
- Test, monitor, and optimize our online communications to drive engagement and conversions
- Use provided content and photography to build and maintain the organization’s various web properties
This is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of standards-based HTML (HTML email experience is a plus)
- Excellent CSS skills
- A workable knowledge of image editing tools (Photoshop, Sketch, etc.)
- A good eye for design
- Ability to work creatively inside an existing design framework
- Familiarity with A/B testing tools for both email and online content
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Drupal site-builder experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize requests from multiple points of contact and to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Work with minimal supervision or be able to work independently
- Passion for trout and salmon and the places they live
- Love of fly-fishing a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a letter of interest, resume, salary requirement, and three professional references to Brennan Sang. No phone calls please. Open until filled.
Trout Unlimited is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act & Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act.
Trout Unlimited hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.