1215 Church Street
The Impact Measurement Manager will be a critical member of the quality improvement team and plays a key role in supporting mission driven programs and services. This role collaborates to develop and implement YWCA Evanston/North Shore’s organizational evaluation and continuous quality improvement functions, ensuring the organization and its programs are effective, efficient, aligned with best practices, compliance and reporting requirements. This position provides leadership to the development and implementation of the organization’s impact measurement and reporting systems and helps to translate and communicate data into impact materials for a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences driving client and customer satisfaction.
Program Evaluation Management
· Works collaboratively to develop and update the agency’s comprehensive, long- term quality improvement plan ensuring all programs have evaluation protocol to measure process indicators and program impact.
· Convenes program staff regularly to review and update process indicators and program outcomes, indicators, benchmarks, and survey tools to ensure alignment with agency strategic goals.
· Work collaboratively with program staff to develop logic models and theory of change models to support program design and implementation for existing programs and grant proposals.
· Train staff on program evaluation principles, protocol, and provide technical assistance support as needed to staff responsible for supporting implementation.
· Introduce new evaluation and quality monitoring frameworks into agency functions to ensure effective effort to outcomes reporting.
· Lead agency Quality Improvement Council comprised of all staff involved in organizational and program evaluation. Plan and facilitate meetings and work with this team to develop an organizational culture that values evaluation and uses data to drive program improvement and organizational efficacy and planning.
· Supports development of public grants with attention to contributing research, evidence-based practices, and program evaluation design.
Data Analysis and Reporting
· Coordinate data collection and analyze data using high-level technical expertise (database management, statistical software, data visualization, info graphics, scripting) with a variety of data sources (e.g., service records, surveys, interviews) to generate understanding of program implementation and outcomes, and key organizational initiatives, and assess program impact for the purposes of program development, policy advocacy, strategic leadership, and donor communications
· Work collaboratively with development and communications staff, to review, analyze, and report out on existing data to be utilized in a 3-year capital campaign.
· Work collaboratively with development and communications to leverage existing technologies to develop strategies and communication tools for converting data into meaningful, compelling stories to be used in marketing, development, and advocacy materials.
· Conduct statistical analyses for program evaluation, including descriptive statistics, t-tests, and reliability analysis to improve organizational impact.
· Work with organizational leaders to identify key efficiency metrics and support data collection and analysis to produce performance dashboards and other reporting/tracking systems.
· Recruit and oversee interns that assist with data analysis and reporting.
Data Systems Management
· Organize and maintain program evaluation data across a variety of systems and recommend technology improvements to facilitate more effective data storage and reporting.
· Maintain and develop systems/tools for monitoring and controlling for data quality.
· Develop systems to import and integrate external data sources with agency’s data systems.
· System support and monitoring of the agency’s electronic client information system.
· Attends management and other agency meetings and contributes to the overall strategic growth of the organization.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management. Pursues professional development.
· Understands and adheres to all YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as the Employee Handbook.
Education Master’s Degree in Social Science, Human Science, Psychology, Statistics or related fields with emphasis on research, social science/policy or applied psychology.
Experience and/or Training
· 4 plus years’ experience in program evaluation in a human service environment that includes process and impact measurement, data analysis and storytelling, and qualitative evaluation experience
· Experience in data analysis and reporting to a diverse audience of supporters.
· Experience/skills in visualizing and communicating impact
· Demonstrated commitment and interest in mission related issues and understanding the key role program evaluation and storytelling play in advancing mission.
· Microsoft Office Suite, Excel Power User
· Familiarity with relational database systems and data analysis and visualization technology
· Tolerance of prolonged stationary periods at a desk/computer
· Must be able to move about the facility or event/presentation venues
· May occasionally be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Must be able to operate controls for audio/video equipment & computers
· Must be able to read, understand, and apply technical language as it relates to database management and data analysis system
· Employee may be required to share office space
· Offsite presentations my include assembly halls, education and civic institutions, commercial businesses
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send Applicants: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to list the position title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit a professional writing sample.