7911 Detroit Avenue
Catholic Charities – Diocese of Cleveland has been selected for the 5th year in a row as one of “The Plain Dealer’s Top Workplaces”. Join our team and help us carry out Christ's healing mission here in Northeast Ohio! At Catholic Charities, we heal lives and rebuild families by providing help, creating hope, and serving all.
MRS resettles approximately 450 refugees annually from countries including Bhutan, Burma, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, and Ukraine. We respect the dignity of each person and provide a supportive environment where each individual and culture is celebrated. Building upon the courage and strength of these newcomers, we seek to empower them to achieve self-sufficiency and independence.
The Social Worker I will provide counseling services to clients and their families and for related activities. This position will provide referral and follow-up services to appropriate programs as needed. The Social Worker I will provide initial assessments on program participants and make home/school visits.
- Combination of experience and education normally represented by a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field and from one to two years of related professional experience.
- Must have LSW or eligible for licensure.
- Must be able to form good working and therapeutic relationships.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of computers with familiarity of Microsoft Office software.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with diverse client population and community organizations as well as staff at all levels.
- Must have valid Ohio Driver's License with reliable means of transportation for local travel.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
Minimum Education Required