700 Professional Drive
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Treasury Manager for the Accounting department. This position will be responsible for Treasury management and Insurance functions of the HSUS and affiliates, including but not limited to reconciliation of bank transactions to insure accurate financial records and compliance with insurance requirements.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the banking and merchant account relationships of the organization, which includes bank account access and banking security roles, signature authority listing, monthly standing transfer orders, and monthly PayPal account drawdowns;
- Reviewing and posting monthly journal entries and reviewing monthly reconciliations;
- Acting as the main point of contact for the annual Insurance renewal process, which includes gathering data, coordinating the meetings, and paperwork processes around the insurance renewal process;
- Recording monthly transactions for the 401K account;
- Downloading bi-weekly 401K account changes for the payroll team;
- Managing 401K employer match process for bi-weekly payroll and annual match funding per the plan documents;
- Managing the annual 401K audit and 5500 process;
- Assisting in the proper recording and tracking of expenses for the HSUS’ health and dental plans;
- Assisting the Payroll team with journal entries for the Humane Society International (HSI) United Kingdom monthly payroll as well as any special projects bi-weekly hourly and bi-monthly salary journal entry;
- Downloading, reconciling, and recording the monthly FSA/DCA and COBRA journal entry;
- Assisting in the monthly bank reconciliation, as well as HSUS salary and tax reconciliation, and benefit liability account reconciliation;
- Managing and developing their staff; this includes but is not limited to managing employee workload, ensuring deadlines are met, completing performance reviews and encouraging employee growth and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, or related field, or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of five years accounting experience with an emphasis on compliance, reporting and reconciliations along with some level of management experience required;
- Minimum of two years of managing staff required;
- CPA a plus;
- Non-Profit experience a plus;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the computerized accounting software;
- Technical proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e., WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes, the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations, and the ability to manage performance to achieve results;
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics together with outstanding personal credibility required;
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality of all payroll related information;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and solve problems with sound judgment;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- Interest in animal protection issues desired.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Minimum Education Required