Details: The salary for this position is competitive and is dependent on education and experience.
Way Finders is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. Way Finders is currently seeking an experienced professional to join its Real Estate Development Team as a Project Manager.
We are the premier affordable housing developer in Western Massachusetts, and we have an active pipeline of housing projects in various stages of development throughout Hampden and Hampshire Counties. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned affordable housing development professional looking to be an integral part of our team.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Real Estate Development, the Project Manager is a key member of the Real Estate Development Team. S/he has a keen understanding of affordable multi-family housing and can manage the day-to-day implementation of multiple projects, including coordination of architects, engineers, contractors and regulatory agencies to ensure all cost, quality, and schedule objectives are achieved. S/he has experience in the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Historic Tax Credit Programs and other affordable housing finance sources.
S/he can work independently, identifying and implementing the strategies to meet the project goals and be a problem solver. Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable representing and forming relationships with members of the public and government officials in all matters related to proposed developments.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in affordable housing development including LIHTC, real estate law or other equivalent experience.
- Coordinating, planning and implementing all aspects of residential development projects;
- Secure funding commitments for projects, including pre-development, interim financing, permanent debt, equity investments, and public or private subsidies;
- Build and maintain a pipeline of affordable housing and projects;
- Create, monitor and manage project budgets;
- Leads the project team of architects, engineers, contractors, property management and other professionals, with limited supervision, to achieve the objectives of the project;
- Manage the project invoice and requisition process in coordination of Way Finders’ Fiscal Office;
- Develop and maintain relationships with Way Finders’ partners, including neighborhood and community organizations, public officials, funders, local sponsors and stakeholders to foster support for affordable housing development;
- Coordinate permitting, zoning and environmental review for projects as required;
- Obtain required public approvals for projects;
- Coordinate closings; and
- Manage projects during construction.
Additional qualities of a strong candidate include:
- Methodical, organized, excellent attention to detail and stickler for accuracy;
- Able to and prioritize tasks, with limited oversight;
- Flexible attitude, hard-worker, and proactive team player.
The salary for this position is competitive and is dependent on education and experience. Applications accepted through March 25, 2018. Interested candidates must include a resume, and thoughtful cover letter outlining your salary requirements and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identify, disability, handicap, veteran status or national origin.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications accepted through March 25, 2018. Interested candidates must include a resume, and thoughtful cover letter outlining your salary requirements and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.