Details: Salary: $33,000 per year, $35,000 with Masters Degree, non-exempt from overtime
256 West 38th Street
Job Path supports people with developmental disabilities as they make choices about their lives and play valued roles in their communities. Job Path encourages people to explore what they want out of life and to chart their own journeys. Whether it’s finding a job, making a contribution in a volunteer role, establishing a home, or being part of the community, the goal is to assist the person to lead a full and active life.
Job Path’s SEMP (Supported Employment) program is integral in ensuring the long term success of people on the job. The people we have customized employment for to have an excellent job retention rate because we provide these ongoing supports.
Job Path is seeking an energetic, responsible, and creative person to manage a caseload of people who are currently employed. The SEMP Counselor is responsible for ensuring that the people they support are able to maintain and grow in their jobs. The SEMP Counselor will directly provide supports and supervise the Direct Support Professionals who provide day to day supports on the job. SEMP Counselors must be proactive, seeking out ways for a person to grow on the job and by identifying issues before they jeopardize a person’s employment. SEMP counselors must be reliable and punctual; in order for the people we support to be successful in their jobs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following tasks:
SEMP Case Management
- Provide and manage long-term direct support to a caseload of employed individuals
- Encourage growth in the people you support by assisting people in learning new tasks and skills
- Support people in advocating with employers for benefit assistance, job support and guidance
- Develop long term working relationships with supervisors and managers
- Work with employers to guarantee their satisfaction with Job Path services
- Help people work through issues that may arise on the job by using creating problem solving
- Visit case load participants at least twice a month
- Serve as an active team member by attending team meetings, trainings, contributing new ideas and providing feedback.
- Be flexible to help and support other team members in need
- Submit documentation of all services provided for the month for billing purposes in a timely manner
- Maintain participant’s information folder with appropriate documentation for audit purposes.
- Follow Job Path’s policies and procedures to report an incident accurately and in a timely fashion
- Be flexible and available to provide support to SEMP participants as needed. At times one might have to work on the weekends
- Work with employer and individual to resolve any problems that may arise during work hours
- Write detailed case notes for job coaching services provided
- Provide training and guidance to Direct Support Professionals who are supporting people on your caseload
- Ensure that all documents are submitted in a timely manner in order to secure billing
- Direct the people you supervise to appropriate internal resources within Job Path for support
Qualifications: BA degree preferred or a combination of related education and experience. Experience supporting people with developmental disabilities a plus.
*Please note: Only applicants we feel meet requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview. No calls please.
**Job Path is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on races, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, employment, or citizenship status.**
Health insurance, dental insurance, STD/LTD/Life & AD&D, Work/Life Assistance Program (EAP), ability to contribute to pre-tax commuter and medical FSA plans, 403b pension with employer match after two years of employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to via our jobs board. Please note that we place special emphasis on the content in the cover letter:
Or, send via fax to 212-921-5342 or mail to:
Attn: Hiring Manager - SEMP
256 West 38th Street 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10018