680 South Wilton Place
KYCC is committed to meeting the needs of the multicultural Koreatown community. Our agency was founded on serving youth, and our Youth Services staff is committed to bringing out the best in them. We strive to encourage them to find their passion by patiently supporting them, and to unlock their potential by cultivating their strengths. We believe that quality youth programs can make a powerful difference in the life of a child, and we're looking for a driven and committed individual to join our team. We have been serving our diverse community for almost 40 years, and if you're passionate about creating change within our community, one family at a time, we'd like to meet you. KYCC currently has one opening for Elementary School Program Lead.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, the Elementary School Program Lead is a position responsible for providing programmatic oversight of the Elementary Tutorial Program (ETP) and for the supervision, facilitation, coordination, and implementation of services and programs for all eligible individuals and families. They will be responsible for submitting monthly and annual reports, as well as meeting contractual goals and ensuring that agency and program expectations are met as agreed upon with the Senior Manager. Performance is reviewed on a continuous basis with specific goals and objectives identified throughout the year. This is a regular, full-time position, scheduled to start on August 1, 2018.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology or other-related field from an accredited College or University.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with youth and adults from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and/or instructional (classroom) experience in working with children, adolescents, and families from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and/or instructional experience in the operation of after-school program(s) and/or academic program(s).
- Bilingual capacity in Korean/English.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in the team process.
- Possess flexibility, initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills with colleagues, clients and representatives from other community organizations.
- Ability to supervise/teach instructional lessons in operation of daily youth programs.
- Ability to organize and prepare documentation in a timely manner.
- Strong commitment to working with a multi-cultural community.
Competitive benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual English/Korean
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include the position title when applying
To apply, mail, FAX or e-mail COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Koreatown Youth & Community Center Attn: Personnel 3727 W. 6th St., Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90020 FAX: (213) 927-0017 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or visits, please.
<KYCC is an EOE and E-Verify employer.>
Do not repost this position without prior written authorization from the KYCC Personnel Office. Any resumes received from unauthorized sites will be considered unsolicited.