The Clinical Director leads the trauma informed clinical services and related efforts of Women Against Abuse programs. This position is responsible for the management of the behavioral health services in the residential programs and the Domestic Violence Hotline. The Director’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to: directing, providing clinical supervision, evaluating and developing innovative behavioral health programming; managing intake and DV Hotline programs & services; utilizing trauma informed principles to improve the quality of services; strategic planning for behavioral health, intake, and DV hotline programs & services; directly supervising the Behavioral Health Program Manager and the DV Hotline & Intake Manager; manage the Community Behavioral Health billing of behavioral health services; work closely with residential program directors and managers to appropriately respond to the behavioral health needs of the clients; recommend and provide clinical, trauma informed, Sanctuary or other related staff trainings; and act as a liaison with related government entities and partner organizations. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model ®.
- Master’s degree in Social Work and Licensed Social Worker required (LCSW a plus)
- A minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience required.
- Minimum 5 years clinical supervisory experience required, including clinical/behavioral health programming.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of addiction, co-dependency, recovery and relapse prevention is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Trauma Informed behavioral health service delivery required. Knowledge of the Sanctuary Model a plus.
- Knowledgeable about domestic violence preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working in a residential setting strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, required.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office software, Outlook, Word, & Excel. Prior experience using client database is required.
- Knowledge of CBH billing procedure preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle crisis situations.
- Integrity, strong professional and ethical standards.
- Demonstrated ability to plan projects and follow through to completion is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQIA communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
A very comprehensive and competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to our recruiter email.