Details: Commensurate with experience
The Bronx Cooperative Development Initiative (BCDI) is a community-led effort to build an equitable, sustainable, and democratic local economy that creates wealth and ownership for low-income people of color—what we call economic democracy. We are looking for an organized and team-oriented Grants Coordinator who can help BCDI effectively manage and grow the philanthropic and public-sector grants that enable our work. This position will help the ideal candidate develop strong project management skills and a deep understanding of fundraising and development.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with BCDI’s Executive Board, the Grants Coordinator will take the lead on ensuring that BCDI completes all necessary steps to maintain existing funding and increase grant and contract revenue for the organization. Specifically, the Grants Coordinator will:
- Research, identify, and vet new grant opportunities, and support key program staff in approaching new funders
- Track key dates for grant applications, reports, and renewals
- Complete and submit grant applications, in partnership with responsible program staff
- With our Managing Director, ensure completion all post-award requirements including signing or registering contracts, writing and submitting grant reports, scheduling funder check-ins, and applying for renewals
- Ensure timely coordination with other staff to gather relevant materials, including budgets, project reporting, and success stories, to disseminate to funders
- Support BCDI’s board with individual donor development campaigns
- Arrange and prepare for funder site visits, including scheduling, logistics, and materials
- Maintain updated fundraising communications materials, as well as annual programmatic goals and budgetary needs
Level of Language Proficiency
Required Skills and Capacities:
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong writer and communicator, able to convey complex concepts in simple and persuasive language
- A tenacious researcher, identifying and thoroughly vetting new opportunities and tracking current trends
- A self-starter, able to motivate themselves and other team members to meet key deadlines
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Familiar with the Bronx and New York City
- Committed to social inclusion, anti-oppression, racial, gender, and economic justice
- Conversant in the following topics and fields: community and economic development, urban planning, social justice, community organizing, or related area
- Comfortable working with technology platforms including project management (e.g. Asana), online database systems (e.g. Airtable), client relationship management systems (e.g. Hubspot), and team communications (e.g. Slack)
- Prior experience in at least one of the following:
- Individual donor development
- Grassroots fundraising
- Grant writing
- Spanish fluency
- Experience living and working in the Bronx or New York City
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Grants Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
BCDI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, source of income, past incarceration, status as a victim of an intrafamily offense, or place of residence or business. Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination, which is prohibited by law, as is harassment based on any of the above-protected categories.