436 14th Street
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Location: Oakland Office
Hours: 40 Hours/Week; Exempt
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. We bring people together to solve America's toughest problems. #YesWeCode, #cut50, #GreenForAll, and the #LoveArmy are initiatives of the Dream Corps. We work to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power.
Development Director will coordinate and oversee the development department and the fundraising for The Dream Corps. This includes, identification of potential new funding sources, development of funding resources for existing and proposed programs and/or services, relationship management, budgeting, cross team and initiative collaboration.
- Resource development strategy creation and implementation.
- Develop and implement an integrated comprehensive annual fundraising plan (individual donors, major donors, corporate sponsorships, foundations) in collaboration with CEO and leadership team.
- Identify and cultivate innovative resource and fundraising opportunities
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Supervision and Management:
- Build development and fundraising infrastructure to meet organizational goals
- Manage development team, which includes staff leads grants manager, major donor, individual donor
- Development Systems Management
- Support staff to align fundraising strategies with organizational priorities
- Supervise development team in creating and implementing system that monitor fundraising efforts (e.g. Salesforce, tracking funder deliverables and timelines, etc)
- creating annual evaluations and creating professional development plans
- Relationship Management and Leadership:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with funders and key partners
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Coordinate with communications team and leadership team as needed
- Participate in the management team to help plan and coordinate Dream Corps’ work and strategy
- Commitment to The Dream Corps’ mission and values
- A minimum of four years experience as a Development Director
- Highly organized; excellent time management skills, including the ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining high quality work and attention to details
- Skilled in management, coordination, budgeting, and administration
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with various sectors and synthesize diverse sets of institutional perspectives
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and independent
- Demonstrated success in relationship management and the ability to increase a donor or client base.
- Proven ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork and excellence.
- Demonstrated success developing successful partnerships and revenue opportunities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop a team-oriented environment; commitment to fostering collaboration
Salary is competitive and standard benefits are provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and entertaining cover letter to email@example.com with “Development Director – [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line. Your cover letter must address the following:
- Your experience and how it translates to this job
- Why do you want this particular job?
- Why do you want to work for Dream Corps? Applications without a cover letter will not be read.