Manages, BPHN’s Emergency Housing Provider Management Program (EHPMP) MOU with HRA, assuming direct responsibility for management of all subcontracted Vendors/Providers (Operators) across multiple locations in compliance with HRA’s MOU, and with state and federal regulations, and BPHN policies. Serve as the direct liaison to HRA, conducting all supervisory responsibilities for BPHN staff assigned to EHPMP, and for all documentation and reporting required by HRA under the MOU.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages MOUs with all Emergency Housing Provider Management Program (EHPMP)Facility Operators as listed in BPHN’s MOU with HRA/HASA ensuring that all facilities’ rooms are listed exclusively for Eligible Persons referred by HRA and consistent with federal, state and local Public Assistance (PA) eligibility rules and regulations.
2. Must be willing to travel on a regular basis to multiple Vendor/Provider/Operator facility locations as necessary to fulfill the primary objectives and directives of EHPMP Contract.
3. Devise a tracking mechanism to ensure that all referrals of Eligible Persons from HRA, who present with a Letter of Introduction from HRA for Form W489 from HRA are immediately registered and have been assigned by HRA to a facility dwelling unit with full access to all entrances and amenities; and ensure HRA reassignment as necessary.
4. Devise a mechanism to track and immediately ensure placement of all Eligible persons and ensures that Operators notify the EHPMP of any referred Eligible Persons who are unable to be promptly registered or admitted to a facility dwelling unit, and ensure that HRA has reassigned the person to another facility.
5. Devise a mechanism to track and monitor the timely submission of each newly referred Eligible Person’s Form W489 from Operators no later than 12 noon each day;
6. Ensure that Daily Registration Logs reflecting the signatures of each Eligible person referred by HRA and who subsequently continue to occupy a dwelling unit at any of the Operators’ facilities under this EHPMP MOU contract are submitted by 4pm each day ; and further ensure notification from Operators to the EHPMP of any missing signatures and the rationale are received within 24 hrs of submission of Daily Registration Log.
7. Ensure that claims are submitted by Operators only for occupancy of referred Eligible Persons who have been verified through signatures on Daily Registration Log.
8. Oversee the timely review of monthly billing claims submitted to EHPMP by Operators which indicates the number of verifiable persons served at all facilities, the agreed rate, and with supporting documentation of signatures.
9. Oversee the deployment of EHPMP Inspectors to facilities, based on an internal schedule that reflect announced and unannounced inspections, ensuring that they observe all COVID safety guidelines, and conduct Operator facilities’ inspections and submit reporting in accordance with HRA’s expectations.
10. Ensure that Operators comply with their contractual obligations to rectify and report on all facility issues within the timeframes required by EHPMP Inspectors or inspectors of other regulatory agencies; and submit corrective action plans or compliance plans as necessary.
11. Ensure the EHPMP Inspectors regularly check for all HRA facility standards and expectations and submit inspection reports at least monthly for each facility, documenting livable conditions that are in adherence with DOB, FDNY, ADA guidelines, safety and security standards, and HIPAA; and that units are 150ft minimum square footage (or verify hardship documentation), and units are furnished consistent with standards for daily living set by HRA.
12. Facilitate and verify that Operators establish strong community linkages/partnerships for access to permanent housing including medical/health care, mental health care, assessment and treatment of chemical dependency, case management, permanent housing, employment, job training, harm reduction, food and nutrition, counseling, clothing, benefits/entitlements, and other social support services; and ensure that Operators maintain a Community-based Organization (“CBO”) log.
13. Reinforce all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines with Operators related to facility standards, eviction restrictions, tenants’ rights, confidentiality, incident reporting, grievance, abuse/neglect, through regular meetings and correspondence.
14. Work under the leadership of VP of Programs in the design and implementation of effective and ongoing on the job training programs.
15. Conduct Performance evaluation of direct report and offer appropriate professional development and performance improvement recommendations.
16. Participates in the interviewing, recruitment, retention efforts, counseling, and termination of employees.
17. Establish a Quality Assurance and Monitoring system to improve EHPMP outcomes and meet regulatory requirements.
18. Ensure the proper safety, security and confidentiality of all records as prescribed by, and in compliance with BPHN’s policy, and local, state, and federal laws.
19. At the direction, and under the supervision of the VP of Programs conducts oversight of all Corrective Action Plans (CAPs), and other related governmental audits, and submit responses as requested to funders.
20. Coordinate with the finance department to facilitate the proper and timely reconciliation payment process with Operators; and for management of revenue and expenditures consistent with HRA approved budget and fiscal policies.
21. Accept other related duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Health, Mental Health, Human Services, or the equivalent.
Experience: 3-5 years of demonstrated program/contract management and oversight responsibilities in a social services agency preferred. Experience working with homeless adults and families. Experience supervising social services/human services staff in shelter/mental health/transitional or permanent supportive housing. Experience working with Department of Homeless Services (DHS), Human Resources Administration (HRA), or Department of Health.
Strong work ethic, intense drive, initiative for quality service
Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to multi-task/ stay on task & maintain focus in high demand, fast-paced working environment.
Evidence of solid leadership and supervisory skills.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Excellent management, problem solving, organizational, and counseling skills required. Ability to analyze and evaluate information and develop recommendations. Demonstrated success in planning and implementing program activities within budgetary and time constraints. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information to a wide variety of audiences. Candidate must possess exceptional written and oral English communications skills; proficiency in written and oral Spanish is preferred.
Manages, BPHN’s Emergency Housing Provider Management Program (EHPMP) MOU with HRA, assuming direct responsibility for management of all subcontracted Vendors/Providers (Operators) across multiple locations in…