9 Avenida 7
Provincia de Alajuela
ADE (Association for Development through Education) is a Christian non-profit organization that uses holistic education to share the love of the Lord with communities without creating dependency. ADE’s vision is to create a network that will send people to serve in other countries, supported by the work of their own hands within the receiving community. We work alongside local community members to develop educational initiatives and other partnerships (local, national and global) that fulfill the greatest commandment (Matt. 22:34-40) and the great commission (Matt. 28:18-20).
Join our multicultural staff in living Matthew 10 and gain valuable experience in missions and development.
- Work and live in community serving the Lord through education and development.
- Market, plan, and direct educational trips with national and international students in Costa Rica.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee interns and volunteers serving on our community projects.
- Maintain the ADE website and the organization’s online presence (twitter, facebook, blogger, etc).
- Work with local community projects, national organizations, and ADE's Community Director.
- Mature Christian faith.
- Desire to learn and grow in community.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of ADE.
- English and Spanish speaking and writing abilities (or willingness to learn both)
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
1. ADE staff are professionals in their respective fields yet we actively choose to live a simple life style in the communities where we work as a witness that development (social, economic, etc.) does not depend upon outside resources as it is commonly practiced today. We believe development is understanding the process of how to do things in your life and not having things. Thus we would not support the pursuit of funds for our community development projects or even for our basic living costs. We choose instead to work with our hands and use education as a tool to empower others and to provide for our means seeking to become a model that is easily reproducible by all. Thus the name ADE, Association for Development through Education, an emphasis on development through our education (and not "aid") as a different model for assisting communities.
2. ADE staff members have an active personal relationship with Jesus through prayer, personal study of the Bible, communion with other believers, acts of service, forgiveness to others, and a process of continually dying to oneself (passions, pride, ego, consumerism, etc.) so that God can be more alive in our lives. We are non-denominational and represent various faith backgrounds but share a common personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. As a practical consequence of our faith and our critique of current development models, ADE staff do not work for a salary. We all work and are active economic producers in our community and everything we earn we put into a common purse. From the common purse we pay for our basic needs (food, housing, transportation, medical costs, personal spending, etc.) as well as funding our different community development projects (organic farm, local high school, educational activities, etc.). We are committed to living a simple life yet we lack nothing and live well. The idea is that anybody that has a call to "go" can simply just do it. In addition, and perhaps more importantly, it is a transparent model that anybody can reproduce. The way we live in the community can be reproduced by any member of that community and in fact, we actively invite others to come and live as we do with the intent that they will one day go out and reproduce the model in other communities of need. The idea is to be completely sustainable, transparent, and reproducible.
This is a sustained position. Your living cost's will be covered and there will be a modest monthly stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Angela Anthony at email@example.com. Spanish writing sample is optional, but appreciated.