101 2nd Street
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experience, and impactful relationships. We envision a future when all youth finish high school equipped and empowered with the knowledge and skills required to achieve career success and a lifetime of economic self-sufficiency.
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate will play a key role in implementing the annual Development Plan to meet the contributed income budget (currently $2M) through critical administrative responsibilities including systems processing and acknowledgements, marketing, and other administrative responsibilities.
This position requires strong organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills as well as detail orientation and a customer service mindset. The Development Associate position will be essential in supporting strong cultivation and stewardship of donors—and thus the ultimate success of the organization.
It is expected that the amount of contributed income raised by Genesys Works – Bay Area will increase in future years as the development team systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
Breakdown of Key Responsibilities
Systems Processing Maintenance (50%)
· Build and maintain all records in the donor database with a high degree of data integrity, allowing the database to serve as the fundamental backbone of all fundraising planning and management. Regularly collaborate with other development team members to ensure accurate and timely capturing of the progression of donation records.
· Manage creation within the database of various useful reports for the development team to use for revenue and board management.
· Process incoming donations, promptly issuing tax receipts and acknowledgement letters and uploading documentation in a timely and IRS compliant manner.
· Work with development team and accounting department to ensure accurate gift tracking and reporting.
· Enter and export data, including information updates, gift entry, and fundraising reports.
· Assist with preparing of mailing lists for appeals and stewardship activities.
Marketing and Social Media (40%)
· Coordinate the local content creation as well as distribution of the Annual Impact Report and other mail/email campaigns. Ensure Bay Area website content is kept up-to-date.
· Create content for Genesys Works Bay Area social media sites and share content created by Genesys Works national and other local sites.
· Gather and maintain marketing and communication contact lists and Genesys Works Bay Area student story repository.
· For online fundraising, coordinate and implement annual campaign plan, craft appeals, and assist with online advocacy and list growth efforts.
· Assemble media and donor kits for meetings, presentations, and events.
· Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising and stewardship events, including preparing materials (e.g. signage, Powerpoints, program book, and social media posts), managing guest lists, coordinating student and adult speakers and other VIPs, and other duties as needed.
Other Administrative Support (10%)
· Under the direction of the Development Manager, research foundation, city, county, state, federal and corporate grant opportunities. Under the direction of the Development Director, research individual and family donor prospects.
· Provide critical logistical coordination of the development team and, as needed, development staff/board committees, including: keep annual calendar of development activities updated, schedule development team meetings and activities, draft internal and external meeting agendas, and take meeting minutes.
· Serve as a backup administrative assistant supporting the organization’s staff, students, and community partners as needed.
· Using Salesforce and other data, produce weekly Bay Area development report-outs on key metrics, meetings, and highlights to share with the whole Bay Area team.
· Deep belief in organizational mission
· Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
· Ability to provide high-quality customer service to internal and external clients
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Project management skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
· An affinity for technology and the ability to learn and navigate technology platforms
· Special consideration given to those with experience using Salesforce or other fundraising database system
· Comfort working with computers, databases, and Microsoft Office applications
· Strong organizational skills and a talent for creating efficiencies and refining processes
· At least one year of administrative experience or project/program support
· Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations
· Attention to Detail: Being careful about every detail and thorough in completing work tasks
· Stress Tolerance: Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
· Self-Control: Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
· Integrity: Being honest and ethical
· Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people
· Interacting with Computers: Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
· Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
· Oral communication: Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
· Written Communication: Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will understand
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Employee may be required to walk for long distances at partner schools, corporations, or other relevant sites. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be sent to National Human Resources.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following information to be considered to Amy Lenz, email@example.com:
· Your resume
· A brief cover letter highlighting the direct experience that you feel makes you the ideal candidate for this position