Established in 1976, OAI, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit workforce development training and job placement agency headquartered in downtown Chicago. OAI’s programs provide training for both currently employed workers and unemployed or underemployed individuals who are in need of job skills and critical worker health & safety awareness. OAI’s Mission is to create an environment in which all people can access education, training and employment that will allow them to sustain and enjoy safe, secure and fulfilling lives.
The Student Services Specialist is responsible for the coordination of all trainee development and support services including creating individual career and life plans, conducting career guidance workshops, and making support services referrals. The Specialist assists with the outreach, recruitment and selection of trainees and works with trainees in groups and one-on-one coaching guide trainee success.
- Assists with the outreach, recruitment, and screening of potential trainees to determine suitability for program and likelihood of successful employment placement.
- Develops Individual Employment Plan (IEP) in order to discuss realistic short-and/or long term goal(s) with trainees.
- Assesses barriers to success and makes appropriate referrals for social services.
- Distributes and documents trainee support services.
- Conducts individual coaching sessions and establishes positive and trusting relationships with trainees.
- Works with the Business Account Executive in conducting career guidance workshops including but not limited to: developing resume and cover letters, how to conduct labor market research, and how to analyze occupations.
- Works with the Program Assistant to maintain trainee records via Salesforce including contact information, case notes, training classes completed, certifications acquired and career plan progress,
- Works with the Program Assistant to maintain records on attendance, skill attainment and instructional activities.
- Works with the Business Account Executive to gather employer feedback to aid in maintaining successful employment and to match trainees to employment opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver reports of project training results as required per program parameters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate required. Four-year college degree in a human services or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Detail oriented with excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Experience working with low income, underserved and underrepresented populations.
- Team player who can also work well independently.
- Ability to communicate ideas, advice, and feedback professionally and concisely in individual and group settings.
- Ability to recognize weaknesses and develop plans to aid in personal and career growth.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with data management systems.
- Ability to travel throughout Chicagoland and have automotive transportation for reimbursable local job-related travel. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Bilingual Spanish-English is a plus.
OAI, Inc. offers excellent benefits for full-time staff including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401(k) with match; and paid time off including vacation days, sick days, and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish- English is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements email@example.com with Student Services Specialist in the subject line.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.