Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Manager, Capacity Building Services.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Services, the Manager will assist in the design and delivery of CJP resources and services to leadership across the 260+ organizations in CJP’s local ecosystem. Under the direction of the Senior Director, the Manager will oversee the design, development, and implementation of services to support partner institutions, organizations and micro-communities in the Greater Boston Jewish community. The Manager will be responsible for supporting multiple projects ranging in size and scope and involving different organizations and ongoing services within our community and across different regions. Examples may include (but are not limited to): needs assessments across our communal institutions for the purposes of identifying and designing services; individual assessments of organizational health to align services to needs; support to increase Greater Boston’s Jewish communal non-profit leadership and networks; and organizing and scheduling capacity building activities, including trainings, webinars, online resources, convenings, workshops, electronic communication and Leveraging Expertise Across Partners (LEAP) sessions.
The role of Manager, Capacity Building Services demands that the individual be highly organized and experienced in working in a matrixed organization. This manager must be able to hold themselves and others accountable for deadlines as well as work closely with stakeholders inside and outside of CJP to ensure resources and access to needed supports and expertise are delivered on-time and on budget. The manager needs to be very detail oriented, pro-active and a self-starter who thinks ahead to anticipate, prepare for and respond to needs, challenges and changes as and before they arise. The manager needs to be able to deliver and respond in a timely manner working in what is sometimes a fast-paced environment with quick turn-around.
· Continuously assess needs for web based and in-person capacity building resources and services through surveys and in conversations with external and internal stakeholders.
· Attend regular meeting with CJP organizational relationship managers to understand tools and resources that would be helpful to them and the organizational leaders they work with.
· Operationalize leadership development grants and coordinate training services and capacity building workshops.
· Work cross-functionally to ensure that needed services and supports are provided in an efficient and effective manner, delivered on time, within scope and budget.
· Implement and manage regular communications to organizational leaders including web-based content – coordinate with marketing and other internal/external stakeholders to ensure messaging is relevant and timely.
· Plan and oversee logistics for trainings including coordinating with speakers,
· Utilize Google alerts to keep abreast of trends and resources for nonprofits so that CJP can best share them.
· Help develop and manage Leveraging Expertise Across Partners (LEAP) leadership sessions, workshops, trainings, online resources, webinars and convenings with the Senior Director, Services.
· Coordinate internal resources and vendors for the execution of agreed upon projects.
· Act as operations liaison to support budget and project tracking efforts.
· On occasion work with volunteers on workshops and trainings
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
· 3-5 years of training and development or related experience
· Experience with process improvement and project management
· An understanding of non- profit organizations
· Knowledge of a wide range of training methods and techniques with diverse audiences
· Interpersonal skills, relational work
· Project management skills
· Consultative and diagnostic skills
· Advanced time management and analytical skills
· Communication skills: written and oral
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
· Active listener
· Imaginative, out-of-the-box thinker
· Problem solver
· Desire to learn; open to mentoring and coaching
· Team player
· Jewish knowledge, cultural and religious
· Be available for occasional early morning and evening meetings
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3552945
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and…
Please use this link to apply:
Please use this link to apply: