InnovateEDU is a Brooklyn-based nonprofit organization with a mission to close the achievement gap in education through the development of innovative models and tools that serve, inform, and enhance teaching and learning. InnovateEDU brings together leaders in education and technology to design and develop breakthrough models and tools to help ensure that all students graduate from high school ready to succeed in college and careers of their choosing. We train educators and educate students with the goal of substantially improving the academic achievement of students in urban public schools. We develop technology, implement and urban education Fellowship and afterschool program at Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools, and advocate for data interoperability in education, among other projects.
To begin this spring, we are seeking a driven and detail-oriented individual to join our team as Program Associate.
The InnovateEDU Program Associate works with the InnovateEDU leadership team and other staff to support operations at our growing nonprofit organization and ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and other requirements of our various stakeholders. The Associate is specifically responsible for supporting the administrative systems and routines of the organization.
- Day-to-day: Support the leadership team in supporting the day-to-day activities of the organization; serve as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and constituents; and support management of phone and mailing systems, including incoming and outgoing routine communications to stakeholders.
- Executive support: Manage the organizational calendar and schedule; Schedule meetings and calls between leadership and internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial transactions and operations: Support day to day operation of InnovateEDU’s financial and business activities, including procurement, inventory management, asset tracking, and expense reimbursement, under the supervision of accounting consultants and leadership.
- External reporting and compliance: Help ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and requirements of funders and other stakeholders; help ensure that all required reports are submitted in a timely and accurate manner; monitor agreements with particular attention to financial reporting requirements;
- Human Resources: Support administration of personnel matters, including payroll, time tracking, benefits, and proper implementation of policies and procedures relating to HR; provide appropriate information and assistance to staff regarding personnel matters and benefits; provide effective support and advice to leadership on personnel and HR issues; work to ensure that all staff hold required credentials and pass background checks; maintain up-to-date personnel files; assist with staff recruitment, hiring, and onboarding.
- Special Events: Support logistics and communications for special events, convenings, and initiatives facilitated by the organization and its partner schools.
- Other support as needed by the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative role; Experience with nonprofits and/or the education sector preferred but not required.\;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to InnovateEDU’s mission of closing the achievement gap;
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively;
- Ability to multi-task and balance detailed steps with strategy to ensure successful and timely project completion;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments and promises with an appropriate sense of urgency;
- Willingness to be flexible and adjust plans to achieve intended outcomes;
- Focus on results and how they are achieved; does not confuse effort with results;
- Identifies, analyzes and prioritizes complex problems and key issues;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and identify problems in a timely manner (and proactively); makes timely decisions in consultation with superiors
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to InnovateEDU here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/brooklynlab/jobs/522409