Details: 10-15 Hours / Week
4400 MacArthur Boulevard
District of Columbia
Want to work part time?
We are seeking an Experienced Administrator with Budget Experience for Small Non-profit.
A small, but dynamic, non-profit is looking for an administrator experienced in budget planning, financial management, and overall coordination of employee job performance for an office with 2 and ½ salaried employees. Work hours generally between 9-3.
About the Center:
The Bowen Center for the Study of the Family is a small 501(c)(3) educational institution with the mission to teach and publicize Bowen family systems theory. It carries out this mission through online and on-site training programs to mental health clinicians, clergy, business professionals, and other interested individuals. The Center hosts national multi-day conferences in the Spring and Fall, and smaller day conferences throughout the year. As a public service, the Center has a sliding scale clinic for individuals and families who seek counseling and also publishes a Family Systems Journal twice yearly. It is funded through fees for its programming and through yearly fundraising initiatives.
The Administrator manages the day to day operations of the Bowen Center enabling the Director to attend to the needs of the faculty and to preside over all the affairs of the Center.
The Administrator will work cooperatively with the Director, faculty, and other staff members to provide for an efficient, safe and effective environment. The purpose of this position is to provide effective oversight of and leadership to all administrative functions and support to all programs. The Administrator is the chief operating officer of the Center.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serves as a Center contact with financial institutions and the Board, and auditors
- Monitors business internal controls
- Oversees the maintenance of the Center checking and savings accounts. Oversees accounts payable process
- Monitors the collection, counting, recording and depositing of Center revenue including electronic transfers and other sources
- Oversees the work of the bookkeeper in the receipt, deposit and disbursement of all funds
- Reviews and secures approval for all contracts. Monitors existing contracts to ensure compliance
- Oversees the purchasing process and maintenance of vendor relationships
- Oversees the preparation of monthly financial reports to Director and committees
- Monitors and maintains proper cash flow control to meet Center obligations
- Works with the Director, finance consultant and bookkeeper to prepare an annual budget
- Assures all tax reports are promptly paid and timely filed
- This position requires a person to administer Center business operations according to Center Policy, participate in Center programs and activities as directed by the Director.
- Supervises or directs the maintaining of Center archival and organizational records
- Obtains advice on legal, business and tax matters for the Center
- Attends staff meetings, Executive faculty, and other meetings as appropriate
- The person must maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibilities as required
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required