800 N. Charles Street
The Fund for Educational Excellence (Fund) is a nonprofit local education fund that works to expand resources, identify and accelerate solutions, and recognize excellence so that all children in Baltimore City Public Schools (City Schools) experience an effective and equitable education. The Fund seeks to play a role in undoing decades of racially unjust policies that continue to have negative ramifications on the students who attend City Schools.
The Fund serves as one of City Schools’ most trusted and versatile partners, providing invaluable support and trusted expertise to allow the district to move forward nimbly with its priorities. The Fund accomplishes this by securing philanthropic support for important projects within City Schools, researching the effects of policy on students and family while advancing community driven recommendations, and promoting excellence inside of schools.
In a recently completed Strategic Plan the Fund identified Communications as a significant priority. We are seeking to engage with our key constituents in order to increase the overall recognition and understanding of the Fund. These constituents include the philanthropic community, public school families and students, elected officials and public agencies working to improve outcomes for children.
In order to accomplish these objectives, we seek a full-time Communications and Development Manager to implement the organization’s overall communications and PR strategy and to support efforts to secure financial resources that advance the work of both the Fund and City Schools. The Communications and Development Manager reports to the Senior Program Director—District Development.
Role and Responsibilities
Communications and PR
· Participate in regular meetings with the Fund staff and external communications firm to craft the overall communications strategy for the organization.
· Collaborate with the Fund’s external communications firm to ensure the effective and timely implementation of the strategy.
· Manage all social media accounts for the organization including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
· Write and manage the production of external communications including but not limited to annual reports and monthly electronic newsletters.
· Manage organization’s website including identifying new content, developing content, posting updates on a regular basis.
· Support the program staff in developing and disseminating relevant content to specific stakeholder groups.
· Compose and develop marketing and PR materials including one-pagers describing the organization and our initiatives.
· Develop in collaboration with Fund staff and external communications firm all communications supporting the organization’s Annual Heart of the School Awards.
· Manage the Heart of the School website.
· Collaborate closely with Senior Program Director to write grant proposals, manage the submission process, and grant reporting for all philanthropic support on behalf of the Fund and City Schools.
· Assist Senior Program Director in securing sponsorships for the Heart of the School Award by managing all relevant follow up and communications.
· Work collaboratively with Finance and Grant Management team to track revenue.
· Ensure all grant reports are completed in accordance with grant agreements.
· Monitor and track funding opportunities for the Fund and City Schools
· The Fund is a collaborative and team-oriented work environment. All staff members are called on to occasionally collaborate on or support work outside of one’s usual day-to-day responsibilities.
We are seeking candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented and dynamic environment, and who demonstrate a record of achievement. Other qualifications include:
· BA preferred
· Exceptional writing skills
· 3-5 years of work experience ideally in a related field
· Extraordinary attention to detail
· Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint and Excel
· A commitment to producing consistently high quality, detailed work
· The ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
· Knowledge of urban public school systems and/or a demonstrated commitment to educational equity is preferred
The salary range for this position is $68,000-$75,000 annually. A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
The Fund for Educational Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position. If you would like to learn more about our mission, please visit our web site at www.ffee.org.
A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
Minimum Education Required