Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience
The American Technion Society is seeking a Development Program Associate who is a key member of the team to serve as the primary development and administrative support for the (Chicago office) Resource Development team. This position is ideal for someone who wants to support a fundraising team and impact our ability to accomplish our mission.
Primary Duties Include, but are not limited to, the following :
· The Development Program Associate will manage an extensive calendar, prepare briefs, agendas, and correspondence for the Resource Development team. This will also include making all travel arrangements for RD staff when international and/or domestic visits arise.
· In partnership with the Events/Programs department, assist with developing schedules and itineraries including transportation and accommodations for visiting Technion faculty.
· The Development Program Associate is responsible for the preparation of materials, presentations, minutes or meeting summaries, putting together special reports regarding fundraising goals and initiatives, and conducting research, as required, for reports.
· The incumbent will help identify and develop systems to facilitate the smooth functioning of the Resource Development office and the implementation of organizational objectives. Particularly important are information management and tracking systems. This will include entering data into donor CRM system in a timely fashion.
· The Development Project Assistant ensures well-coordinated relationships with ATS colleagues and external parties and interfaces with senior ATS employees on a consistent basis.
· In collaboration with other senior staff of Resource Development, the Development Project Assistant participates in the implementation, planning, and coordination of special projects, strategic initiatives, and other related duties as assigned.
· Field telephone calls, receive and direct visitors. Respond to contacts as an intermediary.
· Help plan and execute events including sourcing venues, choosing menus, creating invites, name badges and anything else needed to provide a smooth event.
· Process invoices for approval and send to NY office for payment. Monitor petty cash. Office management tasks including ordering office and kitchen supplies and managing office equipment.
· Other tasks as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years’ related experience required.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Mac background a plus. Raiser’s Edge/CRM experience preferred.
· Experience in a non-profit fundraising/University development program setting preferred.
· Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including: teamwork, analytical thinking and client/customer awareness. Project management experience highly preferred.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills.
· Must possess the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment with a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with a diverse group of administrators.
· The successful candidate must possess the capacity to work well with varying levels of management and be flexible in nature, while exercising independent decision-making and discretion.
· The ability to set priorities and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a high demand environment is essential.
· Must be able to handle confidential information with excellent judgement and discretion.
· Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional work quality.
American Technion Society offers a generous benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit resume and a cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position to: