Title: Healthcare Representative
Department: Membership Services
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
Salary: $56,457 to $80,942 depending on experience
Job Summary: The job of a Healthcare Representative is to build the UFCW membership into a motivated, empowered, and mobilized force that actively, collectively, strategically, and powerfully fights to better their work life, protect their rights in and out of the workplace, and win victories small and large.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Identify, recruit, develop, and mobilize member leaders in focused and ongoing ways.
· Connect with members to persuade, assess, inoculate, and motivate them in one-on-one and group settings.
· Plan and carry out actions.
· Develop community and labor allies and empower members to do the same thing.
· Train and supervise member leaders.
· Develop work issue campaigns based on member issues and help develop members as leaders in that capacity.
· Organize, coordinate, and support UFCW Local 555’s political, contractual, and issue campaigns.
· Enforce collective bargaining agreements.
· Complete required paperwork, reports, and forms in a timely fashion.
· Lobby elected officials on issues effecting workers in a healthcare setting.
· Identify, recruit, develop, and mobilize members to lobby elected officials on issues effecting workers in a healthcare setting.
· Assist the Union’s chief negotiator during the collective bargaining process.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least three years of demonstrated full time experience enforcing a collective bargaining agreement and mobilizing members as a staff member of a labor union is preferred.
· Experience as a member of a negotiating committee, preferably in the capacity of a staff representative.
· Familiarity with work in the healthcare field and issues affecting healthcare workers is preferred.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
· Sound interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Ability to take initiative and be creative.
· Sound organizational skills to manage and prioritize work subject to deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment, as an individual and as a member of a team.
· Knowledge of or ability to acquire computer skills, including Microsoft Office, databases, Internet, and tablet.
· Bilingual skills highly desired.
· Maintain valid driver’s license, automobile, and minimum auto insurance coverage required by UFCW Local 555.
· Ability to regularly work anywhere in UFCW Local 555 jurisdiction. Occasional travel outside the jurisdiction.
· Hours and days of work are whatever is required to meet various deadlines and requirements of the job.
· Prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
· Bending, stretching and reaching.
· Some lifting under 25 pounds.
To apply, interested individuals need to submit a one page cover letter and resume to Sandy Humphrey at email@example.com.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual skills highly desired.
Minimum Education Required