The Director of Partnerships plays a leadership role on the development team. The successful individual in this role will identify, prospect, and close partnership opportunities and sponsorships/grants with new and existing corporate partners, with support from two partnership managers. Through a patient-centric lens, they will oversee relationship management within the corporate community, prioritizing, but not limited to finance, housing and Family Reach ecosystem companies. In addition to corporate stakeholders, s/he will develop and maintain strong alliances with key players in the ecosystem, including Board of Directors and National Advisory Board members, and lead and ecosystem network introducing the topic of cancer-related financial toxicity to this space. The Director will leverage expertise of the ecosystem landscape to identify and create engagement activities such as events, publications, program collaboration and co-funding opportunities. Through both revenue-generating and program-based partnerships, the Director will continually expand Family Reach’s footprint within these organizations and throughout the spectrum of corporations who intersect with the patient journey.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the corporate partnership and corporate social responsibility industry, and has ample account management, fundraising or sales experience. S/he will be ready to develop and execute proposals and engagement strategies, with the ability to communicate effectively and sincerely with a broad range of key stakeholders (sponsors, decision makers, colleagues, patients), deliver results, and think and work innovatively.
Reporting to the VP of Development and working closely across internal teams, this position will develop relationships to increase funding, and create and execute strategies to distribute funding for corporate and program partners. The Director of Partnerships will manage a team responsible for partner recruitment, cultivation and stewardship,, This person will work alongside a Director of Development who will oversee a team responsible for day-to-day fundraising, events, peer-to-peer fundraising, and major gifts.
Fundraising / Business Development and Activation
● Design, implement, and manage a proactive development plan focused on establishing, expanding and enhancing corporate (finance, housing and ecosystem) partnerships to generate new sponsorship and funding opportunities
● Oversee and manage a growing team focused on engaging with corporate partners, as well as foundations
● Renew and expand existing opportunities, and remain top of mind with all key corporate sponsors
● Build, adapt and deliver compelling presentations and programs according to the specific needs of prospects and partners
● Maintain the highest level of communication and cooperation while building long-term relationships with partners and Family Reach employees and families
● Enact grant and sponsorship activation, actively collaborating with the programs, communications, operations and development teams at Family Reach
● Actively use Salesforce to document and track opportunities and progress against plan
● Serve as an internal resource and identify opportunities to maximize Cancer-Related Financial Toxicity (CRFT) awareness in the ecosystem communities
● Continuously learn relevant information regarding CRFT and how key players in healthcare are positioning relevant research, interventions and programs, and share critical information with team members
● Be willing to perform other duties or special projects as needed to grow the organization and support the team as a whole
● 5+ years demonstrated successful enterprise level business development/ account management experience
● Strong knowledge of the corporate, marketing, and product lifecycle
● Familiarity with not-for-profit associations and alliances in the cancer space a plus
● Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue generation plans
● Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills and political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels
● Significant strategic planning experience and ability to conceive, design, implement, evaluate and manage account programs and strategies
● Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and marketing skills
● Must be comfortable working with internal leaders and external senior corporate executives
The Director of Partnerships plays a leadership role on the development team. The successful individual in this role will identify, prospect, and close partnership opportunities and sponsorships/grants with new and existing corporate…