Details: Dependent on experience - salary based on a six month position
5515 Doyle Street
The part-time Adoption Social Worker will function as a part of the Adoption Agency team within Pact, an Adoption Alliance. Pact’s domestic infant adoption program provides child-centered, pro-choice, non-religiously-affiliated adoption services to expectant parents who are considering placing their child for adoption, and to pre-adoptive parents who are hoping to adopt. Because of Pact’s mission to serve adopted children of color, the majority of our clients, both expectant parents and pre-adoptive parents, are people of color.
As an Adoption Agency, our priority is to ensure that all expectant parents have true options counseling so as to make the best possible decision for the child; and to ensure that all pre-adoptive parents receive extensive education and preparation to adopt an infant in addition to matching and placement services.
The Adoption Social Worker will function as part of the Adoption Agency team to provide case management services to pre-adoptive parents, and occasionally expectant or birth parents. The Adoption Social Worker will work to complete home study visits and written home study reports for families interested in adopting a child through Pact. In addition to the home study process, the adoption social worker may be involved in matching, placement and post-placement services.
Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited graduate school of social work or completion of all work toward a degree except the thesis.
- Certification in the Structured Analysis Family Evaluation (SAFE) home study method as verified by documentation of completion of the 2-Day Training. http://www.safehomestudy.org/
- One year prior experience providing case management, social work, and/or mental health services
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Current CA Driver's License
- Must have access to dependable transportation; personal car insurance meeting minimum liability coverage required as position requires driving for work and occasionally transporting participants.
- Ability to work as a team player and with a diverse population
- Bilingual Spanish speaking
- Three years’ experience working for adoption agencies (private adoption, foster/ resource family adoption, international adoption) and/or child welfare
- People of color and those touched personally by adoption strongly encouraged to apply
- Follow all SAFE home study protocols, including review of materials, consultation with supervisor, and completing ratings according to SAFE guidelines
- Travel to the homes of pre-adoptive families to provide SAFE home study interviews, a minimum of 3 interview per family
- Provide case management services, predominantly to pre-adoptive and adoptive families, to help complete their home study process, as well as matching, placement and post-placement services
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications from assigned clients
- Occasionally provide coverage for last-minute placements and adoptions, including meeting with clients in the field, at a hospital, etc.
- This will be a six-month, temporary position
- This will be a part-time position, 20 hours / week, mostly daytime with occasional evenings and weekends.
- The term of this employment will begin in July 2018 and end in January 2019
- Depending on the needs of the Agency and performance of the Adoption Social Worker, there may be the opportunity to convert to a permanent position in January 2019.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, supervisor, and clients
- Prepares clearly and concisely written reports and summaries by deadline
- Must be able to comprehend, follow, and clearly convey instructions to others
- Must be computer proficient and be able to work on a computer for up to 15 hours per week
- Must be able to bend and lift as much as 25 pounds
- Must be able to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard
- Must be licensed and have the ability and skill to drive one’s own car
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, maintained within safe California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (CAL/OSHA) standards.
Benefits negotiable during hiring process
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: Susan Dusza Guerra Leksander, LMFT, Adoption Agency Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Adoption Social Worker Position” in the subject line. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please do not call the office with inquiries.
Pact follows the Federal E.E.O.C. guidelines in the hiring process