International Field Studies, Inc. (IFS)
The Program Marketing Coordinator has two main responsibilities: 1) responsible for marketing and sales activities for IFS and 2) act as the liaison between IFS and the trip instructor/student to ensure that all details of each trip are handled properly and IFS is of maximum assistance to the instructor/student. The employee performs a full range of office support assignments.
BREAKDOWN OF RESPONSIBILITIES
40% Client Relations (sales outreach, answering questions, pre/post-trip follow-ups)
40% Admin (billing, scheduling and coordinating travel, form collection)
20% Marketing (market research, social media, Google Adwords, IFS website, blog posts)
- Greets customers; field telephone calls, mail, emails, and other material pertaining to trip inquiries and sales, status, financials and invoicing, and travel information.
- Contacts participants and potential participants to schedule trips for the coming year.
- Works comprehensively with the field study instructor to introduce the field study/trip instructor to IFS, its philosophy, program opportunities and operation, ensure that the field study/trip instructor is aware of and follows pertinent IFS procedures, provides advice and insights about field station to ensure high levels of client satisfaction, and keeps up-to-date on the status of the field study/trip program, making scheduling and budgeting adjustments as necessary.
- Schedules flights and generally organizes, coordinates, and executes travel logistics for groups, individuals, and IFS employees.
- Keeps an organized and clear schedule of the year of visiting groups.
- Maintains regular contact with the staff on the island and facilitates contact between the staff and other members of the organization and school groups.
- Present and sell organization’s programs and services to current and potential participants.
- Performs periodic market analysis, identifies and targets new and existing services, and updates management regarding activities, opportunities, and market changes/conditions.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials including updating social media, IFS website, and contributing to the monthly newsletter. This includes creating landing pages, monitoring and creation of Google Ads, following marketing analytics, and increasing our visibility through search engine optimization (SEO).
- Prepare a variety of status reports and documents for the Executive Director and Board Members.
- Participate in marketing events such as workshops, conferences, seminars, trade shows, and fairs.
- Conducts regular research to obtain the most cost-effective travel options.
- Other tasks as assigned from by the Executive Director.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Environmental Science, Education, Marketing, Hospitality, Communication, etc.) or 2+ years’ experience in marketing, customer service, sales, and/or program coordination.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, extensive experience using Microsoft Office and Google Drive, ability to edit webpages (Squarespace), and navigate social media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter).
- Excellent communication skills including; presenting to groups, proper phone demeanor, writing and editing skills, and strong customer service skills.
- Must be well organized, pay attention to details, professional, able to analyze information and generate reports.
- Ability to be a team player but also able to work independently. The office only has 2-3 people.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to achieve objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop), or Hubspot a plus.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques is a plus.
- Will require local travel and some overnight travel. May require some nights and weekends. Must have a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation. Travel to the field station in the Bahamas may be required (valid passport required).
- Looking for someone with an interest in the environment, environmental education, and the mission of the nonprofit.