Details: Salary (including excellent benefits package) commensurate with non-profit industry standards and applicant’s experience.
BOOKKEEPER JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Los Angeles, CA
Non-profit environmental foundation seeks resourceful, motivated individual to fill a full-time position as a Bookkeeper to join its financial team. The ideal candidate will possess experience in essential bookkeeping functions, such as managing accounts payable and receivable and preparing payrolls, invoices, and financial reports, and have a solid proficiency with basic accounting principles and audits. Qualifications include proficiency with QuickBooks Desktop or similar accounting software, a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and an ability to work within a team setting. Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions and reporting requirements of our organization.
· Reports to the CEO
· Evaluate/improve systems of financial transactions
· Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
· Create schedules for grant payments
· Bring the books to the trial balance stage
· Help process accounts receivable/payable in a timely manner and input all payroll and allocations into QuickBooks
· Prepare weekly Cash Actual reports and Cash Forecast reports
· Prepare monthly financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal fiscal recordkeeping. Reporting, and other requirements
and advising management on needed actions
· Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and credit cards
· Provide information to an external accountant for tax reporting
· Work with the external accountant to assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
· Work with the Finance and Operations Manager and CEO to maintain the annual budget
· Proven bookkeeping/accounting experience
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
· Experience implementing robust systems and processes that comply with best practices
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
· Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
· Hands-on experience with proprietary software and excellent knowledge of Excel
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
· Experience with, or knowledge of, non-profit organizations a plus
· Experience building out accounting systems for new organizations
· Knowledge of Concur Solutions or other expense reporting software
· Previous successful audits in nonprofit industry
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Salary (including excellent benefits package) commensurate with non-profit industry standards and applicant’s experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Wanda Jenkins by July 27, 2018 and include in the subject line “Bookkeeper Position.”