The Marketing & Community Engagement Manager supports the mission of the organization through high-impact messaging via multiple platforms and channels. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, the position is essential to the work of GJDC and collaborates with all departments to ensure the most effective communications are delivered to stakeholders. The right candidate must possess a strong interest in and commitment to the work of a Community Development Corporation.
Major responsibilities are:
- Effective storytelling skills with the ability to discern the most compelling messaging to stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to message for different audiences and on different channels.
- Produce initial drafts of all written content (e.g. marketing materials, presentations, press releases)
- Project management of select projects
- Day to day oversight of external vendors, e.g. graphic designer, printers, photographers, etc.
- Self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Liaison on behalf of GJDC with external stakeholders
- Monitor and update internal and external print/digital assets to ensure accuracy
- Help monitor press and Google Alert notifications
- Conduct research as needed
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Collaborate across the organization to promote the work of GJDC
- Strong knowledge of the political and cultural landscape of Southeast Queens strongly preferred
- Experience building successful relationships with community-based organizations, including proven expertise in identifying opportunities for community-based collaborations and partnerships
- Experience in managing community-based events from inception to execution to conclusion, including occasional weekend or evening events
- Comfort level interacting with high-profile political, civic and community leaders
- Knowledge of basic design software to create simple materials (e.g. presentations, signage, etc.)
- Digital Strategy & Analytics (editorial calendar; tracking website, email correspondence, social media)
- Implement graphic design and digital strategy (including posts to social media according to editorial calendar)
- Maintain website and social media to ensure up to date information
- Adept and experienced with major social media platforms, building followings, and leveraging influencers