1 Am Festungsgraben
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus. Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
- The chance to get first hand insight into the coordination of educational projects for refugees
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup with several stakeholders (refugees, corporations, NGOs, higher education and public sector institutions) and the possibility to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
Flexible working hours at our attractive office location in the center of Berlin.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SS SHK + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 17.09.2018 to:
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/ internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo.
Level of Language Proficiency
German & English C1-C2
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Student Assistant for Student Support
Start: September 2018 or later - Office: Berlin - 19,5 hrs/week
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
· Assisting the team with different student support projects and the implementation of our long-term strategy
· Supporting monitoring and evaluating our programs in order to optimize the support system we offer our students
· Conducting research on benchmarking best practices within the sector
· Maintaining regular contact with our students through our Help Center and our Forum, and potentially at offline events
· Helping knowledge management by documenting internal team activities and supporting drafting guidelines for students
· Contributing to building and strengthening our student community
Your set of skills:
· You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
· You are a student and officially enrolled at an university.
· You have excellent communication and writing skills in German and English (both C1-C2 CEFR)
· You have first professional experience in the educational or social sector
· You work detail and goal-oriented and do not hesitate to show initiative and ownership