Corporate Fundraising Associate
Details: Part-time position paying $19 per hour
58 East 79th Street
TOLI seeks a part-time Corporate Fundraising Associate to work as a member of the fundraising team. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Corporate Fundraising Associate will conduct research on corporate giving, work on marketing and solicitation, proposal generation, assist in building corporate relationships, work on direct mail appeals, and special events. Individual will work in our offices a minimum of one day per week and can do certain work remotely. Position will require a commitment of 15 hours a week. Over time, this role might be expanded as our organization is growing.
· Build and maintain corporate, donor database
· Process corporate donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence using in-house software (DonorPerfect)
· Research institutional prospects (corporations)
· Manage and update organizational profiles
· Assist with grant process including: monitoring deadlines on potential grants and ensuring proper follow-up.
· Research potential grants and maintain detailed record of submissions.
· Assist with fundraising appeals and mass mailings
· Assist with generating sponsorship proposals and grants, contracts and final reports.
Required skills and experience:
· Candidate could be a college student, graduate student or college graduate preferably with 1-2 years of experience in fundraising and preferably with corporate sponsorships at a non-for-profit organization.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
· Must have strong communications and writing skills.
· Experience with grant writing is ideal.
· EXPERIENCE WITH DONOR PERFECT SOFTWARE PREFERRED. But can have experience with another fundraising software package. Experience with Microsoft Office, and Constant Contact would be preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fluent in English
Minimum Education Required