Moakley U.S. Courthouse
One Courthouse Way, Suite 3120
About Discovering Justice
Discovering Justice is a nonprofit leader in civic education whose mission is to prepare young people to value the justice system, realize the power of their own voices, and embrace civic responsibility by connecting classrooms and courtrooms. From our waterfront home in Boston’s Moakley U.S. Courthouse, we offer innovative in-school curriculum, after school mock trial programs, and courthouse field trips that teach more than 20,000 elementary and middle school students annually about the justice system, the role of law in a democratic society, and the fundamental importance of good citizenship.
About the Position
Discovering Justice is seeking a Program Director to lead the program team, and help to develop and coordinate the organization’s K-8 programming strategy. This role is responsible for leading staff on program activities and evaluation, helping to build relationships with new and existing school partners and providing staff with support to manage school relationships.Reporting to the Associate Director, the Program Director will supervise two full time program staff members responsible for implementing our classroom and after school programs, as well as our part time Education Director, who oversees curriculum development and training for our school partnerships. The Program Director will also lead the organization’s evaluation efforts, and will help the organization develop new strategies for data management and measuring impact.
- Oversee service delivery across all Discovering Justice programs, ensuring program quality, appropriate and effective communication, and satisfaction and the growth and development of all program staff;
- Provide strong and effective internal leadership and oversight over all programing planning and evaluation.
- Create and maintain strategic partnerships with school leaders and external organizations.
- In collaboration with Associate Director, oversee the program budget to ensure accountability and excellent stewardship of resources;
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for Discovering Justice’s mission and programs.
- Foster teamwork; cultivate and maintain a collaborative culture; and integrate, align and monitor policies and organization-wide systems;
- Keep up-to-date with state educational standards and any appropriate policy and academic trends, periodically reviewing standards and policies to ensure continued compliance and success;
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performing team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility and performance;
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining engagement and positive organizational culture during a time of growth;
- Attend donor and partner meetings as needed.
- At least eight years of relevant experience;
- Experience with program evaluation and data management systems required
- Steadfast commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people; a team player who can relate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment;
- Demonstrated passion for Discovering Justice’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively across the organization;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, balance multiple competing priorities at once while remaining adaptable, flexible, and positive despite navigating challenges;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience in K-8 Education, or in an education non-profit, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Anticipated Start Date: September, 2018
- Annual salary commensurate with experience;
- Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan, including an additional 5% of your salary
- Pre-tax transportation plan
- Paid vacation days, personal days, sick leave, and holidays including annual office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 20, 2018. Discovering Justice is committed to equal opportunity employment practices. Candidates of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ candidates are encouraged to apply