The Alliance for Downtown New York manages Lower Manhattan’s Business Improvement District, serving an area roughly from City Hall to the Battery, from the East River to West Street. We provide a host of services, including supplemental sanitation and security, economic development, streetscape and transportation improvements, marketing and enhanced tourist services. The mission of the Alliance for Downtown New York is to provide service, advocacy, research and information to advance Lower Manhattan as a global model of a 21st century Central Business District for businesses, residents and visitors.
The Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Downtown Alliance's digital marketing and social media presence, reporting on activities in the neighborhood and supporting the overall mission of the organization. This person will be a key contributor to our overall social media strategy, oversee paid marketing initiatives, advise on current and future trends, assist in the creation of collateral (including visual assets and accompanying copy) and make analytics-driven recommendations to increase the effectiveness of our social efforts.
- Create and implement social media strategies that utilize organic and paid media to support brand marketing initiatives.
- Devise and execute content calendars on monthly and quarterly basis that balance original content and user-generated content.
- Create, manage and report on paid Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns that help generate awareness and grow our audience.
- Work closely with Comms team to ensure socials complement and amplify overarching brand message.
- Creatively and proactively engage constituents, influencers and advocates across social media to drive brand conversations and advocacy.
- Initiate daily conversations with people and brands within our neighborhood, respond to incoming queries and work with team to mitigate negative activity.
- Attend and cover events throughout the neighborhood that spotlight organizations, initiatives, openings, etc.
- Manage, monitor and report on social media trends and developments.
- Create monthly and quarterly social media reports that utilize analytics to inform recommendations on the direction of our social media and marketing campaigns and inform stakeholders of successes, tests and learnings.
- Support email marketing efforts with duties including: design, scheduling, segmentation and internal reporting.
- 3-4 years experience in a social media with an emphasis in strategy and planning (experience with Lifestyle, Destination and/or Tourism Marketing preferred).
- Strong writing and copy editing skills required, specifically adept at translating tone for social media environment.
- Understanding of industry best practices for placement of organic content as well as digital ad buys, including social, retargeting, search and beyond.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail and fact-checking.
- Experience with influencer marketing.
- Data nerd with Jedi-like ability to distill insights from Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, and third party tools.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment on strategy and content while still maintaining ownership of day-to-day management of social media channels.
- Creative problem solver and naturally curious investigator who will act as a social media reporter, learning about upcoming, social media-worthy events, partnerships and news coming from the organization and the neighborhood.
- Strong eye for design with the know how to produce basic graphics and moving images in creative applications, ex: Photoshop, iMovie, Canva, VSCO and/or similar programs.
Salary commensurate with experience. This position may be eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
The Alliance for Downtown New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to Andy Breslau, Alliance for Downtown New York,120 Broadway, Suite 3340, New York, NY 10271 at email@example.com. Please reference "ADNY Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager" in the subject line.