94 Lincoln Street
MetroWest Mediation Services, Inc. (MWMS) is seeking a part-time Mediation & Outreach Coordinator.
MWMS, established in 1979 as Framingham Court Mediation Services, is a not-for-profit community mediation program serving the MetroWest area. Its mission is to mediate disputes and to educate individuals and organizations to use mediation to resolve community, family and business disputes. MWMS provides direct service in both community and court-referred matters where parties are seeking a peaceful, non-adversarial method for resolving their dispute. MWMS offers mediator training to volunteers and professionals, middle/high schools, organizations, professional associations, business and industry, as well as customized conflict resolution workshops.
- Co-mediates with staff and volunteer mediators;
- Supervises, trains and schedules volunteer mediators;
- Conducts intake calls and safety screening with potential parties to mediation;
- Supports and helps the ED in training opportunities and workshops;
- Develops, with the ED, new relationships and outreach opportunities;
- Inputs case information into database system
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Candidates must have completed 30-hours of basic mediation training in Massachusetts and have experience mediating in the courts or community; (experience mediating and coordinating court mediations preferred);
- Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree preferred;
- Supervisory experience, including the ability to maintain a positive work environment and an effective working relationship with employees, volunteers and court personnel;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively before a variety of audiences;
- Interest in exploring and developing new opportunities;
- Takes initiative and follows through with tasks;
- Computer and database skills;
- Detail-oriented and organized
This is a part time position (up to 20 hours per week, with some flexibility regarding scheduling) and will pay $20 per hour. Additional benefits include professional development opportunities and PTO.
MetroWest Mediation Services, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, national origin or disability. We encourage applications from women, persons of color, sexual orientation minorities and others who will contribute to the diversity of the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants, please e-mail:
- A letter of interest;
- A resume;
To: Seth Izen, Executive Director
E-Mail Address: email@example.com