The IT Support Specialist I is responsible for supporting the organization’s IT strategy and function by (1) providing IT Help Desk support, (2) assisting in the configuration, maintenance, and provisioning of our network, hardware, server, and cloud systems, (3) and supporting the overall function of the National Operations team at College Track as it relates to technology and facilities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
IT Helpdesk Support
- Utilizing Help Desk ticketing and support tools (Zendesk) to provide Tier 1 support and technical assistance to College Track staff via phone, email and computer chat as it relates to computer systems, hardware, or software.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk CT staff through steps to help them resolve their technical problems
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Providing documentation and training to users
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Cloud System Administration
- Support the administration of OS X (JAMF) and cloud systems (Okta, Box, Google Apps Admin, and more) that support the company's infrastructure, including operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Support the IT team in provisioning, installing/configuring, operations, and maintaining network, hardware, and cloud system infrastructure.
- IT Operations Support
- Support site and National facilities by executing technology upgrades, hardware and software application life cycles.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Assist in the building and maintenance of systems and processes for managing hardware and software inventory across sites.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the IT Support Specialist I must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a B.A. in computer science, information technology, or related field; or equivalent experience in an IT Help Desk or comparable technical support role.
- At least 1-2 years of progressive experience in technology support and operations.
- Demonstrated success in providing support to users with varying levels of technical skill, with the ability to listen carefully to user needs and challenges and respond with a high-level of customer service.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution.
- Takes pride in self, work and organization leading such that every task is performed at a high level of aptitude.
- Desire to grow through continuous improvement and achieve personal mastery.
- A history of achieving results and willingness to do "whatever it takes" to reach goals.
- A constant learner who is interested in being a proactive, positive member of the team.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required and ability to pass College Track’s drivers clearance process
- Ability to autonomously move ~25 pounds to provide sites with necessary IT equipment
College Track requires that the holder of this position be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. College Track will require proof of vaccination from each current and future employee.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.