Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced individual who is passionate about our mission to bring volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners. The Outreach & Volunteer Manager should be comfortable working with staff and hundreds of volunteers in a team-driven environment. A successful candidate will be a high-energy, independent leader with the confidence to deliver presentations and conduct strategic street canvassing. Strong candidates will demonstrate a willingness to learn, anticipate challenges, and perform follow-up effectively.
Specifically, the Outreach & Volunteer Manager will be responsible for developing the overall partner outreach strategy and leading the team in its implementation to increase our reach, engagement, and participation with community members, leaders, and organizations. This person will work with a variety of populations including seniors, individuals with disabilities, multigenerational families, political leaders, community groups, and volunteers. This is a full-time, exempt position based in San Francisco and reports to the Program Director.
Outreach Management (60%)
Provide leadership and accountability
· Develop, implement and execute strategic outreach plan with Program Director that includes:
research to find viable leads, cold calling organizations & individual homeowners, drafting personal and mass email communications, nurturing a pipeline of viable applicants, and making public presentations
· Use data to drive decisions, make corrections or stay the course on outreach strategy
· Supervise AmeriCorps team member(s) on outreach-related tasks
Oversee Neighborhood Outreach Strategy
· Work with all staff to implement & grow our annual Rebuild My Block program
· Leverage neighborhood-based partnerships, resources, and contacts to plan and execute program calendar for Rebuild My Block
Conduct heavy outreach & build collaborative partnerships
· Speak effectively about aging in place and community resiliency
· Raise awareness around our mission & vision
· Deepen our partnership resources with homeowners, nonprofit partners & city agencies
Oversee Data Management & Documentation
· Provide monthly and quarterly data reporting on outreach goals
· Ensure accuracy and effective utilization of Salesforce (data management system)
· Oversee and initiate all forms of correspondence with applicants
Volunteer Management (40%)
Recruitment, Onboarding & Volunteer Recognition
· Adhere to volunteer management policies & procedures
· Build pipeline of viable volunteer installers, individual and group volunteers
· Manage volunteer intake process from application through orientation and scheduling
· Oversee the assignment of volunteers for major Rebuilding Day programs
· Recognize volunteers in formal and informal ways utilizing data base system tools
· Organize annual volunteer appreciation event
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· Knowledge of our service area, specifically the neighborhoods of San Francisco
· Exceptional communication skills including writing, public speaking, and meeting facilitation
· Impeccable networking & community mobilizing skills, with the ability to see and convey big picture with attention to detail
· Ability to quickly and positively establish rapport, build relationships, and gain credibility with a diverse range of individuals from various ethnic, socio-economic, and living environments
· 2 years of outreach experience
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate educational experience
· Effectively utilize information technology, social media, and basic office software including MS Office 365. Familiarity with Salesforce databases preferred.
· Valid CA driver’s license and willingness to drive
· Work occasional evenings and weekends throughout the year
Though not required, the following are helpful skills and experience for the position:
· Cantonese, Spanish, or other language fluency
· Understanding and an appreciation for volunteer driven service model
· Basic understanding of construction or willingness to learn
This full-time exempt position offers health, dental and vision insurance, three weeks of vacation plus 5 bonus days at the end of the year when our office is closed, 12 paid holidays, 403(b) plan with employer match, Flexible Savings accounts, and professional development opportunities. Salary commensurate on experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Cantonese, Spanish, or other language fluency desired but not a requirement.
Minimum Education Required