Student Life Coordinator-University of Oklahoma Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining The University of Oklahoma Hillel as the Student Life Coordinator. You will drive Hillel forward by thinking big, empowering students, and creating a warm and inclusive environment for Jewish life on campus. As you lead people and programs you'll help every student on campus connect to Jewish life, learning and Israel. This professional will work with students to coordinate programs based on student interest, attend Hillel and community events, and recruit for immersive experiences with Hillel.
What You're Great At:
- Finding ways to connect with anyone, anytime, anywhere. This includes taking students to coffee, meeting them on campus or in the community, and being visible to ALL of our students.
- Growing a social network, and staying up to date with all things student life.
- Managing multiple priorities without letting things slip through the cracks.
- Engaging, mentoring and motivating individuals and creating a team orientated atmosphere.
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- A passion for working with emerging adults and investing in their growth as Jewish leaders.
- A positive energy and a can-do attitude.
- Ownership of your unique Jewish knowledge and experiences, and ability to inspire others to be on a Jewish journey.
- Familiarity with higher education and campus settings.
- Comfort working independently and collaboratively.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong written and verbal skills, effective at communicating with a variety of stakeholders including students, parents, alumni and university partners.
What You'll Own and How You'll Grow:
- Student outreach, engagement and programming.
- Develop relationships with Jewish students, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them.
- Work with Executive Director to develop key relationships with professionals from both universities' student life and community partners.
- Work with Executive Director, other Jewish professionals in the community, and our Hillel board on community wide programming.
- Direct the student leadership, programming, and engagement budgets.
- Lead marketing, social media, and content for website.
- Maintain participant tracking database.
What You'll Receive:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), and a Flexible Spending Plan.
- Generous vacation/sick time and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and abroad.
About OU Hillel:
OU Hillel is the hub for Jewish life at the University of Oklahoma. Our mission is to enrich the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. With a wide variety of programming that acknowledges students' diversity of interests, pluralism is always at the core of what we do. All students are welcomed and encouraged to participate, as they celebrate their own Jewish traditions and learn about those of other communities.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with students that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
OU Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in