44 Canal Center Plaza
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1175
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator I
GRADE: Grade (7); Full-time; Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Project Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
Reporting to Corporate Communications Manager, the Project Coordinator will provide support for the association’s communication and marketing efforts. This position works enterprise-wide with all teams of the Association
This position is responsible for developing the content for the association’s social media and web platforms. Additionally, this position will provide communications and marketing support in conjunction with team members. Position objectives are to:
- Help identify and develop innovative messaging, advertising, marketing collateral, and multi-media outreach, and campaigns utilizing the latest engagement technologies and strategies in support of the association’s outreach goals
- Assist in managing the development of marketing and promotional materials and content, such as toolkits, e-newsletters, social media posts, reports, and other materials
- Post content, generate online traffic and discussion, and increase loyalty of followers on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and blogs
- Provide live social media coverage from internal and external events
- Assist with routine updates and postings to websites as needed using Content Management Systems such as WordPress and Drupal
- Utilize Association Management Software (AMS) or Customer Relation Management Software (CRM) to aid in other job functions
- Coordinate regular email communications including The Lead and IACP News using marketing automation software including Informz
- Work with staff to develop content for all areas of the website
- Review and make recommendations on content based upon web and mobile analytics
- Daily scheduling, coordination, and launch of new content for digital properties
- Provide support with proofreading communications and marketing materials
- Present new ideas to members of the team
- Provide support to conference activities including IACP Central and The Hub
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Public Relations, or relevant preferred
- Minimum three years of relevant experience.
- An understanding of HTML and technologically flexible to work with a variety of platforms
- Dynamic, flexible, hardworking, and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to finalize products efficiently
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Occasional travel may be required
The IACP is an equal opportunity employer. Federal law prohibits discrimination in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, sex, age, or disability. No information requested on this application will be used for the purpose of excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by MARCH 13, 2018.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theiacp&jobId=240973&lang=en_US&source=CC3 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F